Infosys Techie Stalked for a Month, Family in the Know: Police

The family knew about it but did not want to file a police complaint.

Published28 Jun 2016, 08:52 AM IST
2 min read

After the murder of Infosys employee S Swathi at the Nungambakkam railway station on Friday, sources from city police told The Times of India that she was being stalked for a month.

An officer said that the family knew about it but did not want to file a police complaint about it.

Her father said that Swathi had complained to them about a man who was regularly following her. Gopalakrishnan used to drop and pick her up everyday from the Nungambakkam railway station. Police suspect that on Friday, he followed her and attacked her soon after Gopalakrishnan left.

We have collected more CCTV footage from houses and shops outside the railway station. We are studying whether he made a recce before the attack.
Police Officer

On Monday, the city police took the case diary and evidence from the government railway police. An officer said that it is like starting a case from scratch and they need to study all the evidence and also look for new things, according to TOI.

Police claim that he walked on the tracks from Nungambakkam railway station to Kodambakkam station and went out through an opening on the Choolaimedu High Road. He also walked for 1.5km on Choolaimedu High Road. The city police went to the railway station and inquired with the hawkers and residents of the area on Monday.

Police have also put out photographs of the machete used by the culprit. They think once they are able to find out where the machete was bought, they will be able to identify the suspect.

We'll get through this! Meanwhile, here's all you need to know about the Coronavirus outbreak to keep yourself safe, informed, and updated.

The Quint is now available on Telegram & WhatsApp too, Click here to join.

Never Miss Out

Stay tuned with our weekly recap of what’s hot & cool by The Quint.

Join over 120,000 subscribers!