Join Us On:

Man Assaulted By Cong MLA’s Son Suffered Fractures, Contusions

Vidvat L was admitted to the hospital after being assaulted by Mohammed Nalapad, son of Congress MLA NA Haris.

3 min read
Man Assaulted By Cong MLA’s Son Suffered Fractures, Contusions
Hindi Female

The Quint DAILY

For impactful stories you just can’t miss

By subscribing you agree to our Privacy Policy

The discharge report of Vidvat L has revealed the condition in which he was admitted to the Mallya Hospital in Bengaluru after being assaulted by Mohammed Nalapad, son of Congress MLA NA Haris.

Vidvat, who was rushed to the hospital on the night of 17 February, was finally discharged last Sunday night.

Nalapad, who was the Bengaluru president of the Youth Congress, and his associates assaulted Vidvat in an upscale eatery in Bengaluru over a trivial issue. He and his associates have been booked for attempt to murder alongside other charges of assault.

The discharge summary says that Vidvat was speaking during his time at the hospital but swelling on the face increased in the next 24 to 36 hours.

Details accessed by The News Minute reveal that the 24-year-old had suffered bruises to his face resulting in the rupture of his blood vessels. He also suffered a hemorrhage in his eyes.

The medical report points out “facial contusion/ sub conjunctival hemorrhage” as part of the first diagnosis.

Other injuries mentioned are “undisplaced hairline fracture in both nasal bones and frontal process of left maxilla (jawbone) and hairline fractures in his ribcage.”

The report also mentions “undisplaced hairline fracture ribs at lateral angles A. Right 4 to 9th ribs B. Left 4 to 8th ribs.”

But all these fractures did not need any kind of surgical intervention and were left to heal.

However, despite these injuries the medical report mentions that there was no bleeding from the nose or ear. Upon local examination, doctors found that he had oedema (swelling due to accumulation of fluids) with bruises, bilateral black eye, bruises on his back and neck and small clots in his nostril.

“The facial swelling increased in the first 24-36 hours and the complains of pain both (in) the facial region and chest wall on breathing,” the report stated. As a result of this, Vidvat “failed to eat well though, he took liquids as much as he can.”

The discharge report also mentions that Vidvat was brought to the hospital emergency ward at 10:48 pm on the night of 17 February with “alleged history of assault.”

According to his document, he was admitted to the hospital at 12.39 am on 18 February after his emergency treatment. During this time, his Glasgow Coma Scale (a neurological scale to assess consciousness) was 15.15 with “no signs of head injury” and all his vital signs were in normal range. Blood test on the victim was also done which showed no abnormalities.

Subsequent tests like CT scan of brain, facial bones, chest and abdomen showed normal results.

“Chest X-ray did not reveal any fractures and there was no evidence of haemo or penumo thorax.”

But Vidvat’s family now alleges that he was discharged by the hospital in haste, in order to favour the accused.

A family insider told TNM in the conditions of anonymity that one of the doctors treating Vidvat had ties with the government. They claim that a relative of one of the doctors holds an important post in the Congress.

Meanwhile, in a statement, Congress MLA Haris has wished Vidvat speedy recovery.


Read His Full Statement Below:

“I’m extremely grateful to the Almighty God, who ensured that Vidvat made a steady and complete recovery and has been discharged from the hospital. His discharge summary shows that he has recovered completely and is hale, hearty and healthy.  Here’s wishing him well. I’d also like to wish his family peace and happiness. Vidvat and his family will always be in our prayers. I’d like to take a moment to thank the doctors and the rest of the team at Mallya Hospital who made sure Vidvat made a full and complete recovery.  Vidvat’s discharge summary has been attached for your reference.”

The incident had embarrassed the ruling Congress ahead of the elections. In order to distance itself from the incident, the party sacked Nalapad from his post and also stripped him of the primary membership for six years.

Haris has apologised multiple times over the incident, including in the state Assembly, while his son continues to remain in judicial custody along with his six associates.

(This story was first published on The News Minute and has been republished with permission)

(Hey there, lady! What makes you laugh? Do you laugh at sexism, patriarchy, and misogyny? Do 'sanskaari' stereotypes crack you up? This Women's Day, join The Quint's Ab Laugh Naari campaign. Pick up that beer, say cheers, and send us photographs or videos of you laughing out loud at

(At The Quint, we are answerable only to our audience. Play an active role in shaping our journalism by becoming a member. Because the truth is worth it.)

Read Latest News and Breaking News at The Quint, browse for more from news and india

Speaking truth to power requires allies like you.
Become a Member
3 months
12 months
12 months
Check Member Benefits
Read More