Prez Rule Revoked at 5.47 am: Timeline of the Day Maharashtra Had
The gazette notification to this effect was issued by Union Home Secretary Ajay Kumar Bhalla at 5.47 am.
Bharatiya Janata Party’s Devendra Fadnavis took oath as the Maharashtra Chief Minister on Saturday, 23 November, after President's Rule, imposed in the state a fortnight ago, was revoked at 5.47 am.
Maharashtra plunged into a political crisis when no party or alliance could form a government even 18 days after the declaration of the Assembly poll results, following which the President's Rule was imposed in the state on 12 November.
Let’s look at the top political developments that the people of Maharashtra witnessed today:
- 5.47 am: According to a Home Ministry notification, President Ram Nath Kovind issues the proclamation for revocation of the central rule in Maharashtra.
- 8.12 am: Devendra Fadnavis takes oath as Maharashtra Chief Minister for the second time. Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Ajit Pawar takes oath as Deputy CM.
- 8.16 am: Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulates Devendra Fadnavis and Ajit Pawar after taking oath.
- 9.27 am: NCP chief Sharad Pawar terms Ajit Pawar's decision to support the BJP to form the Maharashtra government as his personal decision and not that of the NCP.
- 9.40 am: While addressing the media, Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut calls the oath taking of Devendra Fadnavis and NCP’s Sharad Pawar a ‘theft’ and an insult of the people of Maharashtra.
- 11.46 am: Sharad Pawar, Congress leaders Mallikarjun Kharge and Ahmed Patel arrive for the Congress-NCP-Shiv Sena joint press conference at the YB Chavan Centre.
- 1.09 pm: At the press conference, Sharad Pawar says that action will be taken against Ajit Pawar as per the procedure.
- 1.44 pm: Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray alleges that Ajit Pawar backstabbed Sena and warned the BJP against poaching their MLAs.
- 1.50 pm: Addressing the media, the Congress leader Ahmed Patel says that it was a ‘black day for democracy in Maharashtra.’
- 3.07 pm: Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, while addressing for the BJP, attacks the Shiv Sena, NCP and Congress saying that the parties had come together despite ideological differences only for personal gains.
- 4.13 pm: Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis arrives at state BJP office.
- 4.20 pm: Devendra Fadnavis while addressing a rally in Mumbai says, “ We will provide a stable government. Modi hai toh mumkin hai.”
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.