Sukma Attack: 25 CRPF Men Killed, Rajnath Singh to Visit Raipur
The encounter took place at around 12.25 pm in Chhattisgarh’s worst violence-affected district in south Bastar.
- PM Modi condoles the death of 25 CRPF personnel
- The personnel were killed in an encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma district on Monday afternoon
- The jawans were from the 74th battalion of the CRPF
- Six other CRPF personnel have been injured
- Almost 300 Naxals attacked the CRPF jawans
- This is the second Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma district this year
- Three CRPF jawans were injured in a separate attack in Jharkhand’s Daltonganj
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Raipur on Tuesday
Watch this space for all the live updates.
CRPF Company Commander Among Those Killed
Inspector Raghubir Singh, commander of the 99-member company which was attacked upon by the naxals on Monday, was among the 25 jawans who were killed in the ambush.
The other deceased include Sub-Inspector K K Das, Assistant Sub-Inspectors Sanjay Kumar, Rameswar Lal, Naresh Kumar, Head Constables Surender Kumar, Banna Ram, L P Singh, Naresh Yadav, Padmanabhanand and Ram Mehar, Constables Saurabh Kumar, Abhay Mishra, Banmali Ram, N P Sonkar, K K Pandey, Vinay Chandra Burman, P Alagupandi, Abhay Kumar, N Senthil Kumar, N Thirumurgan, Ranjit Kumar, Ashish Singh, Manoj Kumar and Anup Karmakar.
Considerable Number of Naxals Killed in Retaliatory Action: CRPF
The CRPF forces claimed on Monday that a considerable number of naxalites were killled in the ambush, although no bodies have been discovered yet.
Rajnath Singh Addresses Media
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh addressed the media on Monday evening, expressing condolences over the attack by naxalites on CRPF jawans in Chhattisgarh’s Sukma district.
He will visit Raipur on Tuesday.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.