Ryan Murder Case: Pinto Family’s Arrest Stayed by High Court
The police is still questioning staff members of the school in the murder case.
Pradyumn Thakur, a class 2 student of Ryan International School in Bhondsi, Gurugram, was found dead with his throat slit in the school washroom on 8 September. A bus conductor confessed to the killing, but many questions still remain unanswered. The school administration has faced serious flak for the security lapse.
The CBI registered an FIR in Pradyumn’s murder on 22 September.
Follow live updates on The Quint.
- Ryan International School’s Gurugram branch reopened again on 25 September
- The school had first reopened on 18 September, but was shut till 22 September
- The state government will manage the Gurugram school for the next three months
- CBI registered an FIR on 22 September
- Ashok Kumar, a bus conductor of the school, was arrested on 8 September after he confessed to the murder of Pradyumn Thakur
On Thursday, the Pinto family's arrest was stayed until further hearing on 7 October by Punjab and Haryana High Court, as ANI reported.
Gurugram DM Issues Directions to Ryan School Management
Gurugram DM directs principal and school management to implement certain directions within 15 days and send a compliance report to the District Education officer. The directions include include separate toilets for non-teaching staff, presence of female attendants at toilets of small children.
The other directives given are necessary police verification for all non-teaching staff, ramps and special toilets for children with special need, installation of sufficient number of CCTVs at appropriate places in school and female attendants in school buses.
Forming of school safety committee as per directions along with two representatives of parents have also been included in the directions from the Gurugram DM.
Crime Scene Recreated on Sunday
The CBI, on Sunday, brought murder accused Ashok Kumar, the conductor and Haripal, the gardener to the school to recreate the crime scene.
Sources told The Quint that it was done to verify the validity of claims made by Ashok Kumar, who has confessed to the crime.
State Govt Implements Measures for Security at Ryan
- Counsellors will hold sessions separately for primary, secondary, higher secondary students starting Wednesday.
- The broken boundary wall at the end of the school campus has been fixed.
- Parents were shown that the CCTV cameras are in working condition and others will be fixed by the government.
- Parents to be issued separate IDs.
- Records of background check carried out for both non-teaching and teaching staff are available with Gurugram’s Deputy Commissioner.
- Teachers have been asked to share their phone numbers with parents and were also directed to respond to queries of parents immediately.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.