Pradyumn’s Parents Seek Justice as Probe On in Ryan Murder Case
A Class 2 student was found with his throat slit in the washroom of the school premises on 8 September.
Pradyumn Thakur, a Class 2 student of Ryan International School in Bhondsi, Gurugram, was found dead with his throat slit in the school washroom on 8 September. A bus conductor confessed to the killing, but many questions still remain unanswered and the school administration has faced serious flak for the security lapse.
The victim’s parents have demanded a CBI probe into the murder and their petition was heard by the Supreme Court on 12 September.
Follow The Quint for more updates on the Ryan School murder case.
- The entire staff of Ryan School’s Bhondsi branch is being quizzed by the Gurugram Police
- Ryan School’s lawyer has urged the SC to transfer case to Delhi’s Saket Court
- Bombay High Court on 12 September granted interim relief to Augustine Pinto, Grace Pinto, and Ryan Pinto from getting arrested
- Doctor who conducted post-mortem ruled out sexual assault on Pradyumn
- SC issues notice to Haryana government, the CBI, the Centre, and the HRD Ministry on a plea filed by Pradyumn’s parents
- The respondents have been asked to file a report within three weeks
- Ashok Kumar, a bus conductor with the school, was arrested
- Victim Pradyumn Thakur, a Class 2 student, was murdered on 8 September
Arrested Ryan Officials to Remain In Custody
Ryan International Group's northern zone head Francis Thomas has been sent to police remand till 16 September, while the HR head, Jeyus Thomas, was sent to judicial custody till 18 September.
The two officials of the school group were arrested on 10 September in connection wih Pradyumn’s murder.
Ryan Officials Produced in Sohna Court
Ryan International Group's northern zone head Francis Thomas and HR head Jeyus Thomas were being produced in Sohna court on 13 September.
Student Witnesses Given Police Cover
A Hindustan Times report said that two student witnesses in the case have been provided police protection after their statements were recorded at a Sohna court on 12 September.
It said that the students’ parents agreed to involve their children in the trial after assurances from the Gurugram police.
Pintos' Bail Plea Hearing at 3 PM Today
The transit anticipatory bail applications of Ryan School Group’s CEO Ryan Pinto and his parents – AF Pinto and Grace Pinto – will be heard in Bombay High Court at 3 pm today.
The court will also hear the intervention application of complainant at the same time.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.