ADVERTISEMENTREMOVE AD

Phone Explodes in Man’s Pocket in Mumbai, Fumes Fill Restaurant

The man sustained minor injuries and was later admitted to a hospital in Mumbai. 

Updated
India
1 min read
Aa
Aa
Small
Aa
Medium
Aa
Large

A man’s phone burst in his pocket, while he was sitting at a restaurant in Bhandup, Mumbai on Monday, 4 June.

In the video, taken from the closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage of the incident, the man can be seen eating lunch at a table, when suddenly his phone explodes and begins to emit fumes. The man is seen immediately taking the phone out of his pocket and throwing it away from himself, while the restaurant erupts in a disarray.

The phone was placed in the man’s front pocket.

ADVERTISEMENTREMOVE AD

Scared, the rest of the customers in the restaurant can be seen jumping off their tables and moving away towards the exit, as the fumes begin to spread throughout the room.

ANI reported that the man in question, sustained minor injuries and has been admitted to a hospital.

Incidents of phones exploding without warning have been heard of before as well. In October, 2017, panic ensued on a Delhi-Indore Jet Airways flight as a woman’s phone, kept in her handbag below the seat, exploded and began to emit fumes. The cabin-crew of the flight had to put the phone in water to put out the fire.

Incidents such as these are also why flights began to issue notices, asking passengers not to carry certain kinds of phones (which were seen as highly flammable), power-banks and other such risky devices.

(With inputs from ANI)

(At The Quint, we are answerable only to our audience. Play an active role in shaping our journalism by becoming a member. Because the truth is worth it.)

0

Read Latest News and Breaking News at The Quint, browse for more from news and india

Published: 
Speaking truth to power requires allies like you.
Become a Member
3 months
12 months
12 months
Check Member Benefits
Read More
×
×