Pet Dog Saves 30 People From Fire, Dies After Being Left Tied Up
The dog barked incessantly as the fire broke up, but died in the ensuing cylinder blast after being left tied up.
It is often said that dogs are a man’s best friend, and this has been proven yet again in Uttar Pradesh.
More than 30 lives were saved by a pet dog who woke them up by barking as a devastating fire broke out in a building on 12 April. However, the dog was killed in the ensuing cylinder blast as he had been left tied up.
One of the eyewitnesses said, “The dog kept barking, alerted everyone and allowed them to escape safely. The dog later died in the blast.”
The building once housed a furniture factory in the basement and first floor, while an electronic showroom was on the second floor. The families used to put up on the third and fourth floors of the building.
Fire official Vinay Kumar said that the fire took place due to a short circuit in the basement of the building. Due to the presence of cylinders, an explosion took place and four nearby buildings collapsed.
An operation to clean the debris is underway. The fire department is likely to register an FIR against the owner of the building for allegedly running an illegal furniture factory.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.