QMumbai: Hard Rock Cafe Shuts Down; Acharya On Dutta’s Allegations
Hard Rock cafe shuts down due to rent issues and more stories.
1. Hard Rock Café, Worli, India's First, Mumbai’s Most Loved, Shuts Down
India’s first Hard Rock Café and one of Mumbai’s most loved live-music hot-spots shut down earlier this month.
Located inside the Bombay Dyeing Compound at Worli, Hard Rock Café downed its shutters over rent issues after a successful 12-year run. Shiro, a Bohemian restaurant and pub in the same compound, has also shut down.
Source: Mumbai Mirror
2. Tanushree Dutta Didn't Report Any Grievance Against Nana Patekar During Rehearsals
Choreographer Ganesh Acharya who was accused by actress Tanushree Dutta in a sexual harassment case responded to the Maharashtra Women's Commission onMonday. In a 12-page letter sent by his lawyer Padma Shelatkar, Acharya has denied all allegations made by Dutta. The actress is trying to shroud her faults and inability to perform on sets and has hence come up these false allegations, he said.
Dutta has accused actor Nana Patekar of sexually harassing her on the sets of the movie Horn OK Please on March 26, 2008, and choreographer Acharya, director Rakesh Sarang and producer Samee Siddique of being complicit.
3. Government Law College Asks Students to Take Down ‘Confessions’ Page
A ‘confessions’ page started on Instagram by students of the Government Law College (GLC), Mumbai, was taken down on Tuesday after the college management threatened action against the administrators of the account. On Monday, Suvarna Kishor Keole, principal of GLC Mumbai, issued a notice, asking the administrators of the ‘GLC Mumbai Confessions’ page to take it down from Instagram or face action. She said that the students couldn’t use the name of the institute on a social media account without prior approval.
Source: Mumbai Mirror
4. Fingerprints, Call Data Nail Bank Exec’s Murderer
Fingerprints on the car steering, call data that confirms crime-scene presence, and statements of eight witnesses who helped identify a man with a violent plan to arrange cash for bike EMIs. This is the evidence cops have included in their chargesheet against Sarfaraz Shaikh who allegedly murdered a bank executivefrom Malabar Hill during a robbery bid at Kamala Mills in September and drove 65 km with the body.
Source: Mumbai Mirror
5. Two 'Drunk' Men Harass, Threaten Women Over Parking Tiff; Held
Andheri resident Ashmita Jaggi, 28, who is an actor, was hoping to have a girls' night out on Saturday. But before it could even begin, their evening was soured by allegedly drunken men who harassed and threatened her and her friend over a parking spot on the busy Andheri Link road. On Monday, the Amboli police arrested the two accused.
The incident occurred on November 17, when Jaggi and her friends were heading to a restaurant located close to the Citi Mall on the Andheri Link road. She waited outside for a red Hyundai Eon to move so she could park, while some of her friends went in to get a table. A woman who was seated in the car asked them to wait for her 'boys,' who'd be there any minute.
6. Teen Killed Over Suspicion of Mobile Theft in Vikhroli
A group of four men brutally beat up a 19-year-old boy and killed him at the Vikhroli Park Site area on the suspicion that he had stolen a resident's mobile phone. According to the police, the deceased has been identified as Rahul Panchal, resident of Gulam chawl in Chandan Nagar area of Vikhroli. Police sources said that the accused were arrested after a case was registered in the matter on Monday.
An officer of the Vikhroli Parksite police station told mid-day, "The arrested accused knew the victim and they have had tiffs over several issues. Around 6 pm on Monday, when Panchal was passing by the area, they stopped him and asked him about the mobile theft. When he denied having stolen it, they started beating him up.
7. HC Tells Nashik Civic Body: ‘Abide by the Rules While Taking Action Against Unauthorised Religious Structures’
The Bombay High Court on Monday said that the Nashik Municipal Corporation is free to take action against unauthorised religious structures erected after September 2009, but only after hearing the affected parties.
Petitioners Vinod Thorat and Kailas Dinkar Deshmukh, residents of Nashik, approached the high court challenging the civic body’s decision to issue notices of demolition to 530 unauthorised religious structures in August this year. The petition said that the corporation had not followed the due procedure laid down in the Government Resolution (GR) and failed to give opportunity to the stakeholders concerned.
Source: The Indian Express
Never Miss Out
Stay tuned with our weekly recap of what’s hot & cool by The Quint.