Noida Teen Confesses to Killing Mother & Sister With Pizza Cutter

The teenager reportedly used a bat, pair of scissors and pizza cutter to kill them while they were fast asleep.

3 min read
Hindi Female

A 16-year-old boy, who was apprehended on 8 December on allegations of having murdered his mother and sister in Greater Noida, has allegedly confessed to the crime.

Recounting the version of the chilling crime as told by the boy in the presence of his family members, Senior Superintendent of Noida Police Luv Kumar said the boy hit his mother's head and face with a cricket bat repeatedly, and later used a pair of scissors and a pizza cutter to attack her, causing her death.

Kumar said the boy killed his sister to keep her from witnessing the crime.

According to an NDTV report, the mother had seven stab wounds on her head and her daughter had five. The boy changed out of his bloodstained clothes, stuffed his bag with whatever cash was available at home and left. The boy’s father, who was away on business, reportedly told police that Rs 2 lakh was missing from the flat.

CCTV footage showed the boy take the lift along with his mother and sister, with food packets, on Monday night at 8.19 pm. The footage also captured his exit from the apartment at 11.23 pm, walking past the security guard.

The boy’s grandparents also live with the family, but were out of town on the night of the incident. On not being able to reach his wife or daughter, the suspect’s father asked neighbours and relatives to check on them, only to find the door locked from outside.

Earlier, the police suspected that a video game called ‘Gangster In High School’ which the teen was addicted to, could have played a role in the crime. The video game, that reportedly dares players to kill, was found on the boy’s phone and other devices, reports NDTV.


Bodies Discovered

The bodies of Anjali (mother) and Kanika (sister) were found in their apartment in Gaur City in Greater Noida.

According to the police statement, the suspect took cash and his mother's mobile phone from the house before taking a cab from the residential society's gate for the New Delhi railway station. He then took a train for Chandigarh, from where he went to Shimla. On 7 December, he reached Mughal Sarai and then went to Varanasi from where he was apprehended by police, using electronic surveillance to trace him.


According to reports, the boy was upset about being scolded by his mother over studies. A police statement said his mother had scolded him the day of the incident too.


According to an earlier India Today report, he had called his father from an unknown number on 8 December morning, who had immediately alerted the investigating police, who took the first flight out to Varanasi.

The father had urged him to "come home and he should not be afraid. He should come and tell the truth," NDTV reported.

The boy was found walking near Dashashwmedh Ghat and was immediately caught by the local police.

The report added that the boy had travelled to Varanasi by himself and had not conspired with another person to disappear.


(With inputs from India Today, NDTV, ANI and PTI)

(This story has been updated to reflect the teenager’s confession.)

(Breathe In, Breathe Out: Are you finding it tough to breathe polluted air? Join hands with FIT in partnership with #MyRightToBreathe to find a solution to pollution. Send in your suggestions to or WhatsApp @ +919999008335)

(At The Quint, we are answerable only to our audience. Play an active role in shaping our journalism by becoming a member. Because the truth is worth it.)

Read Latest News and Breaking News at The Quint, browse for more from news and india

Speaking truth to power requires allies like you.
Become a Member
3 months
12 months
12 months
Check Member Benefits
Read More