Lok Sabha Elections 2019: How to Check Your Name on Voter List
Here’s a step-wise guide to help you check if your name is there on the voters’ list.
As India is gearing up for the Lok Sabha general elections scheduled to take place this year, it is important for the country’s citizens to check beforehand if their names are mentioned on the electoral rolls. It is because in order to cast vote in any of the elections – Lok Sabha or State Assembly polls – it's mandatory for a citizen to have an election ID card, and also his/her name mentioned on the voter list.
The electoral rolls are published by the Election Commission of India on its official website from where the Indian citizens can check whether or not their names appear on the list.
Here's a step-wise guide to help you check if your name is there on voters list.
How to Check Your Name on Voter List: A Step-Wise Guide
- Go to the National Voters' Service portal on www.nvsp.in.
- Click on the 'Search Your Name in Electoral Roll' tab appearing on top left of the screen.
- Select from the given options: "Search by EPIC number" or "Search by details".
- Select the 'Search by the EPIC number' and then fill the given fields with requisite details.
- Now, click on the 'Search' tab, and look for your details from the search results appearing at the bottom of the webpage.
- In case you don’t find a mention of your details, it means that your name is most likely missing from the electoral list.
- Should you choose the option of 'Search by Details', you will have to enter details including your name, age, date of birth, sex and district.
- Click on the ‘Search’ tab and if your name appears, it means you are a successfully registered voter in your region.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.