Fans in Jubilation as Salman ‘Bhai’ Acquitted, Victims
Follow the live updates for Salman Khan hit-and-run verdict in Bombay High Court today.
As fans celebrate and Bollywood welcomes the verdict, victims of the accident still wonder.
One of the victims Abdullah said, “Salman was there with two people, I don’t know who was driving but the car belonged to Salman Khan”.
Bombay High Court has acquitted Salman Khan of all charges against him. The superstar is now a free man.
But if it wasn’t Salman, who is the killer? Who is responsible for the death of Nurullah and injuring five others? Thirteen years later, the question still remains unanswered.
Here’s what the court said in its order before pronouncing Salman free.
- The probe conducted by the police was faulty and the prosecution’s case was shoddy.
- The evidence submitted is not enough to convict Salman Khan.
- Driver Ashok Singh’s testimony was accepted.
- Witness Ravindra Patil’s statement was discarded.
- Not proven that Salman was at the wheel.
Bollywood welcomes the verdict.
“I am happy for him. It’s been 13 years since the case is going on. The family was on tenterhooks. He is a good person. He deserves justice. I do feel bad for the people who lost their lives, got injured. I do feel bad for the tragedy,” said veteran actor Anupam Kher.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.