Live: Pak JIT Visits the Region Where Ikagar Singh was Found Dead
Security has been tightened outside Pathankot airbase ahead of Pakistan JIT’s visit to Pathankot.
- Pakistan JIT visited Pathankot airbase amid protesting members of Congress and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
- BJP Chief Amit Shah says, “For the first time Pakistan has made serious effort towards investigation.”
- AAP, Congress and RSS workers protest against Pakistan JIT’s visit to Pathankot.
- Large contingent of security forces were deployed around Pathankot prior to JIT’s visit.
- Pakistan team had only “restricted” access to the air base.
Pakistan JIT Visit Bamial Border
The Pakistan JIT has reached the second location which is under investigation in the case of Pathankot terror attack – the Bamial border.
A taxi driver, Ikagar Singh’s dead body was found along this border region. The terrorists are believed to have killed the taxi driver after hijacking his car.
The car in which Punjab police superintendent Salwinder Singh, his jeweller friend Rajesh Verma and his butler Madan Gopal was also hijacked by the terrorists in the same region on the night 1 January.
As per CNN reports, the NIA will ‘confront’ the JIT on their investigation on the attack on Pathankot airbase on Wednesday with specific concerns over JeM Chief Masood Azhar’s alleged involvement in orchestrating the attack.
Expressing doubts over the Pakistan JIT’s visit, BJP MP and former Home Secretary RK Singh said:
Is this team an inquiry team or an investigation team? Inquiry team makes no sense.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.