Kupwara Attack: Three Army Men, Including a Captain, Martyred
The attack happened at around 4:30 am on Thursday in Kupwara.
- Terrorists attacked the Army camp in Kupwara on Thursday at 4.00 am
- Three Indian Army personnel, including a Captain, were killed
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley briefed
- Two terrorists were neutralised
- Combing operations are underway
- Three AK-47s, two GPS devices, one mobile recovered from attack site
Protester Killed in Clash With Army
While demanding bodies of terrorists killed during Kupwara encounter, a protester was killed in Panzgam area.
How the Attack Unfolded
At around 4 am, the terrorists entered the army camp. Two terrorists were neutralised while one managed to escape, reported ANI.
There are two layers of fences around the camp, and the distance between both is about 50 to 75 metres. The fences were cut by the terrorists as they entered from the backside of the firing range, reported ANI. The first to be targeted was the officer’s complex.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.