Kolkata Flyover Collapse: 24 Dead, Five IVRCL Officials Detained
The rescue operation at the site of the collapsed flyover is in its final stage.
- Five IVRCL officials have been detained by the police.
- PIL questioning maintenance and grade of materials used for construction filed in Calcutta High Court.
- Death toll at 24, 80 others injured.
- West Bengal Governor KN Tripathi directed the state to check the condition of all flyovers in Kolkata.
- FIR registered against IVRCL under section of 304 of the IPC (culpable homicide not amounting to murder).
- Five member team of Kolkata Police reaches Hyderabad to question officials of IVRCL infrastructure company.
- Eight dead bodies recovered so far.
- Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi to visit collapse site on Saturday.
HMO Meets Mamata Banerjee
Home Minister Rajnath Singh met Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee in the light of the collapse of Vivekanand flyover in North Kolkata.
Rajnath Singh has assured all possible help to bring the situation under control.
People from Kolkata hold a candlelight vigil to respect the victims of the Vivekanand flyover collapse.
The collapse has claimed close to 25 lives and wounded atleast 80 people.
Rahul Gandhi to Visit Collapse Site
Vice president of the Congress party, Rahul Gandhi will visit the collapse site of the Vivekanand flyover in North Kolkata on Saturday.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.