J&K Bank Chairman Parvez Ahmad Removed; Headquarter Raided
RK Chibber was appointed interim chairman of the J&K Bank after Parvez Ahmad was removed from the post on 8 June.
Minutes after Parvez Ahmad was replaced by RK Chibber as chairman of the Jammu and Kashmir Bank, state vigilance organisation sleuths on Saturday, 8 June, raided the financial institution's corporate headquarters in Srinagar.
WHY WAS THE BANK HEADQUARTER RAIDED?
- The vigilance organisation, which raided the bank's corporate headquarters at Srinagar, was looking for records of nearly 1,200 appointments.
- These appointments were allegedly made at the behest of political masters of the previous PDP-BJP government in the state and during Ahmad's tenure.
WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT PARVEZ AHMAD’S REMOVAL
- The Jammu and Kashmir government, on 8 June, removed J&K Bank Chairman Parvez Ahmad and appointed RK Chibber as interim chairman of the lender.
- Ahmad was appointed to the post in 2016.
- An order issued by Additional Financial Secretary Vishal Sharma said the directions shall come into effect immediately.
(Edited for clarity)
Never Miss Out
Stay tuned with our weekly recap of what’s hot & cool by The Quint.