Apply For Post of Scientist, Engineer At ISRO Before 15 Jan 2019
Candidates can register online on the agency’s official website www.isro.gov.in from 26 Dec 2018 to 15 Jan 2019.
The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has announced fresh recruitment of scientists and engineers in civil, electrical, refrigeration and architecture fields, in a notification released on its official website on Wednesday, 26 December.
ISRO is offering the position of Scientist/Engineer `SC’ in Level 10 category to the graduates in the following disciplines
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning; and
Candidates can register online on the agency’s official website www.isro.gov.in from 26 December 2018 to 15 January 2019.
The Civil Engineering Programme Office (CEPO) at ISRO headquarters in Bangalore and Construction and Maintenance Division (CMDs) located at various ISRO centres/units are responsible for planning, design, construction and maintenance of all ground based structures, buildings and associated utilities to cater to the space programme, the notification said.
Candidates who will be completing the required course in the academic year 2018-2019 can also apply, provided their final degree is available by August-2019 and their aggregate is 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10 (average of all semesters for which results are available).
A Candidate should be 35 years of age as on 15 January 2019 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, against posts reserved for these categories).
Ex-Serviceman and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) are eligible for age relaxation as per Government of India orders, the notification said.
How To Apply
- Candidates should have the scanned copies of latest passport-sized Photograph and signatures in the prescribed file size.
- The candidates registered under National Career Services (NCS) portal are advised to visit the ISRO website and follow the application procedure as stated.
- Upon registration, applicants will receive an online registration number, which they should save for future reference.
- Candidates, who are already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies, are required to produce a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned.
- Based on the academic performance and bio-data, initial screening will be conducted to short-list candidates for taking-up written test.
- The written test will be conducted on 10 March 2019 at 12 locations- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Short-listed candidates will most likely receive call letters for the written test by e-mail during first week of March 2019.
- The written test paper consists of 80 objective type questions carrying equal marks.
- Based on the performance in the Written Test, candidates will be short-listed for interview, the schedule and venue of which will be notified by email.
- Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Interview and those who secure minimum 60% marks in the interview will be eligible for consideration for empanelment in the selection panel, in the order of merit.
Pay and Allowances
Selected candidates will get a minimum basic pay of ₹56100 per month.
In addition, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility, respectively.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.