IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Cancellation: How to Get Refund
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation does not allow refunds on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets, but there are certain circumstances under which this rule is not applied.
The charges of tatkal tickets are 10 percent of basic fare and are 30 percent for the second class. Its booking for AC class opens at 10 am, while for non-AC classes it opens at 11 am. The price also depends on the minimum and maximum distance covered by the train and carries a no-refund policy upon cancellation.
Here are the Circumstances under which Tatkal refund is granted by IRCTC:
1. A full refund is granted if a train is to run on a diverted route and passenger is not willing to travel.
2. If a train is delayed by more than three hours at the journey originating point of the passenger.
3. The passenger is also eligible for a return if a train is to run on diverted route and boarding station or the destination or both the stations are not on the diverted route.
4. In case of non-attachment of coach in which Tatkal accommodation has been reserved and the passenger has not been provided accommodation in the same class.
5. If a passenger has been accommodated in lower class and does not want to travel. If the passenger travels in a lower class, a refund will be provided for the difference of fare and also the difference of Tatkal charges.
(Read how to get refund for confirmed Tatkal tickets in Hindi on Quint Hindi)