IRCTC Registration: How to Create International/NRI User Account
NRI user(s) with a nationality other than Indian are required to pay a registration fee of Rs 100 + GST.
The Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) offers the facility of making online bookings for trains, hotels, catering services, flights, holiday packages, and other such services.
With an enhanced internet connectivity over the years, IRCTC has developed its website to become more user-friendly. Gone are the days when a passenger had to stand in long queues at railway stations just to get a train ticket. Travellers these days are able to make reservations, and also modify them with just a click.
The best part? Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) can also get themselves registered on the IRCTC. All that a user needs is a valid mobile number and email ID.
Upon successful registration as an IRCTC user, international users/NRIs can book e-tickets, make reservations in tatkal, check train status, train routes, and modify existing reservations. However, international/NRI user(s) with a nationality other than Indian are required to pay a registration fees of Rs 100 + GST (as applicable).
IRCTC International/NRI User Registration: A Step-Wise Guide
- Click on the REGISTER link on home page of https://www.irctc.co.in.
- Fill all the requisite details, and then click on the ‘REGISTER’ button at the end.
- A pop up will appear asking you to verify the email id and mobile number entered by you.
- Cross check the details and then click on ‘OK’.
- You will receive a confirmation link on your registered email ID.
- Select the ‘CLICK HERE’ option, and you will be redirected to the IRCTC website.
- Now click on the ‘LOGIN’ button, and enter your User ID & Password mentioned at the time of registration to pay the registration fee.
- After successful payment, complete your mobile and email verification process.
- Verify your email by entering the verification code sent to your registered email ID.
- Verify your mobile number by entering the verification code sent to your registered mobile number.
- After email and mobile verification, the following text will be displayed on the screen : "Your account is verified successfully. Click here to login again."
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.