IRCTC Rail Connect App: How to Book, Cancel Train Ticket
The IRCTC users can book tickets via IRCTC app and make payments using the IRCTC’s e-wallet.
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), the ticketing arm of the Indian Railways, enables travellers to make train reservations and cancel bookings through its mobile application. The IRCTC users can book tickets via IRCTC app and make payments using the IRCTC’s e-wallet which allows users to deposit money in their e-wallet from various banks.
A traveller needs to create an online account on the IRCTC portal. Here is a step-wise guide on how to book e-tickets through the IRCTC app.
Booking E-tickets Via IRCTC App: A Step-wise Guide
- Log on to the IRCTC app using your account credentials.
- Choose the boarding station, the destination station, and the date of travel, and then click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- Enter the requisite details including your Name, Age, Gender, Seat preference and Mobile number, in the given fields.
- Enter the captcha mentioned in the box.
- Select the e-wallet for making payment. Payment options available include Jio Money, Airtel Money, Ola Money, etc.
Booking E-tickets Via IRCTC App: Points to Remember
- A user can only have a maximum of six banks linked to his/her IRCTC e-wallet, according to the details available on the IRCTC website.
- For ticket reservations under the tatkal quota, a total of four passengers can be booked under the same PNR.
- The timing for the online ticket reservations/cancellations is 10:00 am for AC tickets and 11:00 am for non-AC tickets.
- A passenger can book e-tickets in the tatkal category only a day prior to the date of travel.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.