IRCTC: How to Book Tickets With Physically Handicapped Concession
Handicapped persons need to carry original Photo ID card issued by the Railways for verification during journey.
The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), the ticketing arm of the Indian Railways, enables travellers to make train reservations and cancel bookings through its website and mobile application. Passengers are also provided with an option to book tickets using the option of ‘physically handicap concession’.
All a person needs to do is to register himself/herself as an IRCTC user and follow the steps given below.
How to Book Tickets With Physical Handicap Concession
Here is a step-wise guide to book a ticket with physically handicapped concession.
- Login to the IRCTC account with your username and password.
- Select the check box to book the ticket with handicapped concession.
- Now, select the quota as 'General' or 'Ladies'.
- Click on the 'Book Now' link to proceed with the booking.
- Enter the details including your name, age, gender, card number, date of birth, and card validity date as mentioned on the Photo ID card issued by the Railways.
- However, users should note that card number, date of birth and the valid up to details of the handicapped passenger entered in the step above will automatically get filled when concession as "ESCORT" is selected.
- Now, click on the "Next" tab to proceed with the payment.
- Select the payment mode and choose a bank from the dropdown.
- Click on the ‘Make Payment’ option, and you will be redirected to the ticket booking confirmation page.
- Download your ticket, and also save a copy of it future reference.
Handicapped persons are required to carry original PhotoID card issued by the Railways for onboard/offboard verification during journey. Similarly, Escort passengers also need to carry the photo ID card, the details of which were mentioned at the time of booking.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.