Pakistan Air Force F-16 jet, that violated the Indian airspace on Wednesday, 27 February, has been shot down three kilometers within the Pakistan territory, reported ANI.
India said that Pakistani jets entered border areas of Nowshera sector in J&K’s Rajouri district and dropped bombs on their way out.
Meanwhile, Pakistan has claimed that the PAF has shot down two Indian aircraft inside Pakistani airspace and have arrested one Indian pilot. However, according to media reports, the IAF has denied it.
This comes a day after the Indian Air Force carried out air strikes across the Line of Control (LoC).
Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale had said that a large number of JeM terrorists, trainers, senior commander and Jihadis were killed in the strike.
Click here for all the live updates.
- Entire airspace, north of Delhi, has been vacated, reported PTI
- 3 Pakistani jets reportedly violated the Indian airspace and dropped bombs on their way out
- Pakistan Armed Forces spokesman Major General Asif Ghafoor claimed that the PAF shot down two Indian aircraft inside Pakistani airspace
- On Tuesday, Pak Armed Forces Spokesperson said Pakistan will “surprise” India with its response that will be in all domains including “diplomatic, political and military”
- 12 Mirage 2000 Indian Fighter jets carried out airstrikes across the LoC destroying terror camps on 26 Feb
Click here to read the updates in Hindi.
IAF Jets Violated the LoC, Pak Army Alleges
Pakistan Armed Forces spokesperson, Major General Asif Ghafoor, on Twitter claimed "Indian Air Force violated Line of Control. Pakistan Air Force immediately scrambled. Indian aircraft gone back."
Attempt to Attack JeM Camps: Reports
Multiple Indian Air Force jets crossed LoC and attempts were made to attack Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) camps in Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir, reported CNN-News18 quoting government sources.
However the quantum of damage has not yet been ascertained but the channel reported that there was a huge blast heard near Balakot.
Follow our India section for more stories.
I Salute The Pilots of IAF: Rahul Gandhi
IAF on High Alert After Reported Strikes
First Photo of PM Modi Holding Meeting With Top Leaders Post Strike
Foreign Secretary to Brief the Media at 11:30 AM
India Struck the Biggest JeM Terror Camp in Balakot: Foreign Secy
US Urges Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Groups
Pakistani F-16 Jet Shot Down by India: Reports
Flight Operations Suspended at Amritsar Airport
Wing Commander Abhinandan Yet to Return: Reports