Here Are the Names of Those Who Lost Their Lives in Delhi Violence
The violence in northeast Delhi has claimed at least 50 lives so far.
The violence in northeast Delhi has claimed at least 39 lives so far, as of 28 February 2020.
Here are the names of some of the victims who died in the violence. The list is incomplete, since full information on identities of all the victims is awaited. The story will be updated, as and when new information emerges.
- Deepak Kumar, a 34-year-old from Mandoli, who worked in a private factory in Jhilmil and is survived by his wife, son and daughter.
- Shahid Khan Alvi, a 24-year-old autorickshaw driver from Bulandshahr, who was shot in the stomach near Bhajanpura dargah. He had recently got married and his wife, Shaziya, is pregnant.
- Ishtiyak Khan, a 24-year-old resident of Kardampuri, who used to build portable welding machines. He was shot in the stomach. He is survived by his wife and son, aged a year-and-a-half, and daughter, aged three.
- Mudassir Khan, a 35-year-old autorickshaw driver, is survived by two children.
- Vir Bhan, a 48-year-old businessman, was shot in the head in Karawal Nagar. He is survived by his wife, 22-year-old son and 15-year-old daughter.
- Mohammed Mubarak Hussain, a 28-year-old resident of Babarpur, was shot in the chest at Vijay Park. A native of Darbhanga in Bihar, he worked as a labourer in Delhi.
- Shan Mohammed, a 35-year-old from Loni, was shot.
- Pravesh, a 48-year-old from Maujpur, succumbed to gunshot wounds.
- Zakir, a 24-year-old from Mustafabad, died of multiple stab injuries.
- Mehtab, a 22-year-old construction worker and resident of Brijpuri, was killed by a mob on Tuesday. His family waited for two days outside GTB Hospital for his body. On Thursday, 27 February, they took him home.
- Ashfaq Hussain, a 24-year-old electrician, was shot five times in Mustafabad, is survived by his wife. The two had got married on 11 February, a fortnight before his death.
- Rahul Solanki, a 26-year-old resident of Babu Nagar near Shiv Vihar and a civil engineer by profession. He had stepped out to buy milk when he was shot in the neck.
- Mohammad Furquan, a 30-year-old resident of Kardampuri, used to design wedding boxes. He was shot when he stepped out to buy food. He is survived by his wife and two children – a girl aged four and a boy aged three and a half years.
- Rahul Thakur, a 23-year-old from Brijpuri, was shot in the chest. He was preparing to take the civil service examinations to be held in April. He was the youngest son of his family and the son of an RPF officer.
- Ratan Lal, a 42-year-old Delhi Police head constable, was shot in Gokalpuri. He hailed from Rajasthan’s Sikar and joined Delhi Police as a constable in 1998. He is survived by his wife and three children.
- Ankit Sharma, a 26-year-old security assistant with the Intelligence Bureau, was a resident of Khajuri Khas. His body was pulled out from a drain in Chand Bagh a day after he went missing.
- Dilbar, whose age and location have not been released by GTB Hospital, died of burn injuries.
- Nazeem Khan, a 35-year-old scrap dealer, was shot dead.
- Vinod Kumar, a 50-year-old, was beaten to death in Brahmpuri on his way home. He is survived by his wife and two sons. His elder son Nitin was with him when the mob attacked the two. His bike was also set on fire.
- Amaan, a 17-year-old victim, had been brought to Lok Nayak Hospital. A group of lawyers at the hospital told The Indian Express that his family was part of the sit-in protests at Seelampur.
- Mahroof Ali, a 30-year-old from Bhajanpura and owner of an electrical shop, was shot in the head.
- Faizan, 24-year-old.
- Alok Tiwari, a 24-year-old worker in a cardboard factory, lived in Karawal Nagar with his wife and two children.
- Mohd Irfan, a 32-year-old labourer, is survived by his wife and two children.
- Babbu, 32-year-old.
- Suleiman, a 22-year-old blacksmith, hailed from Hapur. He had been missing since Monday. His elder brother Yunus reached GTB Hospital on Thursday and identified his body.
- Mohd Shahbaan, a 22-year-old resident of Mustafabad, was shot when he was closing up his welding shop.
- Sanjeet Thakur, a 32-year-old worker in a welding unit, is survived by his wife and two children. While on his way home, he was hit with stones at Chand Bagh.
- Akbari, an 85-year-old woman, died after her home in Gamri village was set on fire, said her family.
- Anwar, a 58-year-old resident of Shiv Vihar, ran a poultry farm and is survived by his wife and two daughters. His body was found charred.
- Dinesh Kumar, a 35-year-old, worked as a driver and is survived by his wife and two children. According to his family, he was on ventilator support for seven to eight hours before being declared dead on Thursday, 27 February.
- Aamir, a 30-year-old resident of old Mustafabad, had gone missing along with his brother Hashim, since the afternoon of 26 February. Their elder brother Sheruddin identified the bodies at a hospital the following evening.
- Hashim, Aamir’s 17-year-old brother.
- Musharaff, a 35-year-old from UP’s Badaun, used to work as a driver in Kardampuri. He was reportedly thrown into a drain by a group of people in Gokalpuri. He is survived by his wife and three children.
- Zakhir, a 26-year-old resident of Brijpuri, who worked as a welder, died after suffering a bullet wound and multiple injuries.
- Parvez Alam, a 50-year-old resident of Ghonda, who ran a motor garage in Wazirabad, was shot in the stomach.
- Mohd Yusuf, a 52-year-old carpenter and resident of Old Mustafabad, was returning home from Noida when he was attacked.
- Mubarak Ali, a 35-year-old who worked as a painter, is survived by his wife and three children.
- Ishak Khan, a 24-year-old living in Kabir Nagar. He was shot.
- Aman, a 17-year old.
- Maruf, a 32-year old.
- Salman, a 24-year old.
- Mohammad Shahban, a-22 year old.
- Sayid, a 19-year old.
- Naresh Saini, a 33-year old man died of bullet injuries.
- Vir Bhan Singh, a 48-years old shot dead when he was going to have food.
- Ayub Shabbir, a 60-year old.
- Monis, a 21-year old.
- Aqil Ahmad, a 40-year old.
- Aftab, a 18-year old.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.