Editors Guild of India Announces New Executive Committee
The first meeting of the new committee will be convened on 3 September in Delhi.
The Editors Guild of India on Monday, 27 August, announced its new Executive Committee with veteran editors and senior journalists on the panel.
The first meeting of the new committee will be convened on 3 September, in Delhi, the Editors Guild of India said in a statement.
Those named in the panel include The Hindu Editor Mukund Padmanabhan, PTI Editor-in-Chief Vijay Joshi, Hindustan Media Ventures Limited Editor-in-Chief Shashi Shekhar, and The Quint’s Editor-in-Chief Raghav Bahl.
The committee now consists of:
- Vijay Naik, Consulting Editor (Delhi), Sakal
- Shashi Shekhar, Editor-in-Chief, Hindustan Media Ventures Limited
- Anant Nath, Executive Director, Delhi Press
- Seema Chishti, Consulting Editor, Indian Express
- Prakash Dubey, Group Editor, Dainik Bhaskar
- Vijay Joshi, Editor-in-Chief, PTI
- Sonia Singh, Editorial Director, NDTV
- Patricia Mukim, Editor, Shillong Times
- Mukund Padmanabhan, Editor, The Hindu, Chennai
- Raghav Bahl, Editor-in-Chief, The Quint
- R Jagannathan, Editorial Director, Swarajya
- Naresh Fernandes, Editor, Scroll.in
- Jayant Mammen Mathew, Executive Editor, Malayala Manorama
- S Prasannarajan, Editor, Open Magazine
- Dilip Mandal, Former Managing Editor, India Today
Ex-Officio Members of the EC (Past Presidents):
- Raj Chengappa, Group Editorial Director, India Today
- N Ravi, former Editor-in-Chief, The Hindu
- TN Ninan, Chairman, Business Standard
- Alok Mehta, Chief Editor, Outlook
- Rajdeep Sardesai, Consulting Editor, TV Today Network.
- Mammen Mathew, Chief Editor, Malayala Manorama
- HK Dua, former Editor-in-Chief, The Tribune
- Hari Jaisingh, former Editor, The Tribune
- Ramoji Rao, Chairman, Eanadu, and ETV
- DN Bezboruah, Former Editor, Sentinel
- KN Harikumar, Former Editor, Prajawani
- Fayaz Ahmad Kaloo, Editor-in-Chief, Greater Kashmir
- Kavita Devi, Digital head, Khabhar Lahariya
(Editor’s note: Raghav Bahl, a member of the newly-constituted committee, is the founder of Quintillion Media, which operates this news website thequint.com.)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.