Ayodhya Deepotsav: CM in Attendance, 5.5 Lakh Diyas, Traffic Curbs
CM Adiyanath reportedly performed the ‘Rajyabhishek’ to mark the return of Ram to Ayodhya.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, along with Governor Anandiben Patel, inaugurated the 'Deepotsav' in Ayodhya by lighting a 'diya' at the Ram Janmabhoomi temple on Friday, 13 November, reported IANS. According to IANS, they also offered their prayers.
According to IANS, CM Adiyanath performed the 'Rajyabhishek' to mark the return of Ram’s to Ayodhya.
The Governor and CM Adiyanath, also according to IANS, performed the 'Rajtilak' (anointment) of Lord Ram.
Speaking at the event UP CM Adityanath, according to PTI, said:
“Our generation is not only fortunate to see the start of the construction of a Ram temple here but we also attended the historic event. In the struggle of 500 years, many saints passed away with a dream to see the start of construction. I thank PM Modi who is the one who implemented the ideology of Ram Rajya.”
IANS further reported the the Deepotsav event set a new world record of lighting 5.5 lakh 'diyas' at one time at one place.
More About the Event
According to IANS, artistes dressed as Lord Ram, Sita, Laxman, Shatrughan, Bharat and Hanuman were brought in on a helicopter to shower flower petals from the sky.
Further, amid chants of ‘Jai Shri Ram’, the deities were taken to the banks of Saryu river in a chariot.
Reportedly all ministers and officials had donned specially designed pink and saffron turbans.
Special traffic diversion was implemented in Ayodhya for the Deepotsav event. A notice by CO Traffic Rajesh Kumar Rai, informed of the following:
- Entry of all types of vehicles from Lakdmandi intersection of district Gonda to Ayodhya will be prohibited.
- Entry of all types of vehicles from Sri Ram Hospital Tiraha Ayodhya towards Nayaghat in Ayodhya will be prohibited.
- Entry of all types of vehicles will be restricted from Ramghat intersection Ayodhya towards Deenbandhu Akha Hospital and Hanuman Garhi.
- Entry of all types of vehicles will be restricted from Deenbandhu Akha Hospital Tiraha towards Ram Ghat intersection.
- Entry of all types of vehicles will be prohibited from Saket Petrol towards Nayaghat and Hanumangarhi.
- Entry of all types of vehicles from Parma Academy street towards Hanuman Garhi will be prohibited.
- Entry of all types of vehicles from Danthadwan Kund towards Nayaghat will be prohibited.
- Entry of all types of vehicles from Jain temple towards Kotwali Ayodhya will be restricted.
- Entry of all types of vehicles from Tapasi Cantonment Tiraha towards the smaller Cantonment will be restricted.
- All types of vehicles will be restricted from Tulsi Memorial House intersection towards Kotwali Ayodhya and Hanuman Garhi.
- Entry of all types of vehicles will be restricted from Hanuman Cave Fold towards Nayaghat.
- Entry of all types of vehicles from Udaya Chauraha (Gupta Hotel) towards Ayodhya will be prohibited.
The note further read:
“A special green corridor has been made for ambulance and patient vehicles, such vehicles will be sent safely to their destination. This traffic diversion program will remain in force till the programme runs. Permitted vehicles will be pass through Ayodhya area. Ayodhya residents will be able to enter Ayodhya region by showing their identity cards. Apart from this, traffic has been simplified by placing barriers at all major intersections of the district.”
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.