COVID-19: MHA Releases Unlock 2 Guidelines With More Relaxations
Catch all the updates on the coronavirus outbreak here.
Union Ministry of Home Affairs issued new guidelines for Unlock 2, on Monday, 29 June, to open up more activities in areas outside the containment zones. The new guidelines will come in effect from Wednesday.
The number of coronavirus cases in India rose by 19,459 to 5,48,318 on Monday, while the death toll increased by 380 to 16,475. According to the Union Health Ministry data, there are now 2,10,120 active cases in the country, while 3,21,722 patients have been cured or discharged, and one has migrated.
Meanwhile, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday said that his government has decided to start a 'plasma bank' in the national capital for the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
- The Health Ministry on Monday said that the gap between recoveries and active cases stands at 1,11,602, with the recovery rate being 58.67%
- The coronavirus death toll worldwide has crossed half a million, according to a tally by AFP. Over 10 million people have been infected by the virus
- A decision on the reimposition of lockdown in Hyderabad for 15 days will be taken after consultations, Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao said on Sunday
- A complete lockdown is in force in Assam’s Guwahati starting 29 June
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
MHA Issues Guidelines for Unlock 2
Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) issues new guidelines for Unlock 2.
It opens up more activities outside containment zones.
Here are the details:
- Night curfew timings are being further relaxed and curfew shall be in force from 10.00 pm to 5.00 am.
- Further, relaxations in night curfew have been given for seamless operation of industrial units in multiple shifts, movement of persons and goods on National and State Highways, loading and unloading of cargo and movement of persons to their destinations after disembarking from buses, trains and airplanes.
- Shops depending upon their area, can have more than 5 persons at a time. However, they have to maintain adequate physical distance.
- Training institutions of the Central and State Governments will be allowed to function with effect from 15 July 2020. SOP in this regard will be issued by the Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India.
- After extensive consultation with States and UTs, it has been decided that schools, colleges and coaching institutions will remain closed till 31 July, 2020.
- International air travel of passengers has been permitted in a limited manner under the Vande Bharat mission. Further opening up will take place in a calibrated manner.
- All activities, except the following, shall be permitted outside containment zones:
- Metro Rail.
- Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
- Social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions and other large congregations.
Tamil Nadu Govt Extends General Lockdown Till 31 July
Tamil Nadu government extends general lockdown in the state till 31 July.
Intensified lockdown will continue to be in effect till 5 July in Chennai and parts of Chengalpet, Kancheepuram, Thiruvallur and Madurai.
Union Home Ministry Stops Door-to-Door Screening in All Areas of Delhi: ANI
Union Home Ministry decides to stop door-to-door screening in all areas of Delhi so that it can be undertaken in containment zones on priority basis, ANI reports citing sources.
Delhi government had directed to carry out door-to-door screening of over 35 lakh houses till 6 July as per directions of Centre.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.
12:51 PM, 29 JunDelhi Govt to Start 'Plasma Bank' for Treatment of COVID-19 Patients: CM Kejriwal
05:37 PM, 29 JunSOP for Chardham Yatra
07:07 PM, 29 JunMadhya Pradesh Governor Put on Critical Care Ventilator Support
08:28 PM, 29 JunTamil Nadu Govt Extends General Lockdown Till 31 July
09:48 PM, 29 JunMHA Issues Guidelines for Unlock 2