India COVID Tally at 5.85 L; Delhi CM Says ‘Situation in Control’
Catch all the updates on the coronavirus outbreak here.
The number of coronavirus cases in India rose by 18,653 to 5,85,493 on Wednesday, 1 July, while the death toll increased by 507 to 17,400. According to the Union Health Ministry data, there are now 2,20,114 active cases across the country, while 3,47,978 patients have been cured or discharged, and one has migrated.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday said that the coronavirus situation has been improving in the national capital in the last few days, but warned against complacency.
“It was predicted that by 30 June, Delhi would have 1 lakh cases, out of which 60,000 would be active cases. But today, we only have 26,000 active cases. This is the result of everyone’s hard work. We have been able to control the situation,” he was quoted as saying.
- Maharashtra on Tuesday had reported 4,878 new coronavirus cases and 245 fatalities, taking its tally to 1,74,761 and the death toll to 7,855
- In Tamil Nadu and Delhi, 3,943 and 2,199 new infections were recorded respectively
- PM Modi, while addressing the nation on Tuesday amid rising COVID-19 cases, warned against negligence in personal and social behaviour
- The guidelines for Unlock 2, issued by the Centre, are to be implemented from Wednesday
- Donald Trump on Tuesday tweeted saying he has become “more and more angry at China” as the pandemic spreads “its ugly face across the world”
‘More and More Angry at China’: Trump Over COVID-19 Outbreak
Sharpening his attack on China amid the COVID-19 outbreak, US President Donald Trump on Tuesday tweeted saying he has become "more and more angry at China" as the pandemic spreads "its ugly face across the world".
18,653 New Cases Take India’s COVID-19 Tally to 5.85 Lakh; 17,400 Deaths
The number of coronavirus cases in India rose by 18,653 to 5,85,493 on Wednesday, while the death toll increased by 507 to 17,400. According to the Union Health Ministry data, there are now 2,20,114 active cases across the country, while 3,47,978 patients have been cured or discharged, and one has migrated.
251 New COVID-19 Cases in Odisha, Tally Rises to 7,316
Odisha has reported 251 new COVID-19 cases, taking the tally in the state to 7,316, reported ANI.
Mizoram Govt Allows Marriage Ceremonies With Attendance of Up to 50 People
The Mizoram government has allowed marriage ceremonies, funerals and other social events with maximum attendance of 50 people as part of new relaxations for partial lockdown in the state from 1 to 31 July, reported PTI.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.