Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the details of the fourth phase of the lockdown will be told to the nation before 18 May, while addressing the nation on Tuesday, 12 May.
He also announced a package of 20 lakh crores for 'Mission Self-Reliant India.'
The number of coronavirus cases in India rose to 70,756 on Tuesday. According to the Health Ministry data, there are now 46,008 active cases across the country, while 2,293 people have died. As many as 22,454 patients have been cured or discharged and one has migrated.
In the last 24 hours, 3,604 new cases and 87 deaths have been reported.
- “Lockdown measures needed in first phase were not needed in second phase. Measures of third phase are not needed in fourth,” PM Modi was quoted as saying at the meeting with CMs
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday sought suggestions from people and experts on the relaxations post 17 May
- Railways has operated 542 ‘shramik’ trains since 1 May and ferried home 6.48 lakh stranded migrants
- The Indian Railways has started to run ‘special trains’ for passengers from and to New Delhi on Tuesday
- The Air India office in Delhi has been sealed after a staff member tested positive for coronavirus, reports said on Tuesday
Nitin Gadkari Thanks PM Modi for Economic Package
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari thanked PM Modi for the economic package.
“Industry can never forget this support given by PM to small industries,cottage industries and rural industries. Over 11 crore workers, who work in these, have been given relief. We'll become a super economic power, come out of this crisis and walk towards development,” he said.
BJP President JP Nadda Welcomes Economic Package
BJP president JP Nadda welcomed the Rs 20 lakh crore economic package declared by PM Modi.
“In the times of COVID-19, PM Narendra Modi is leading the country from the front. The 21st century will be defined by India, PM’s message today has laid foundation stone for implementing this. Aatmanirbhar Bharat is our Mantra for driving country towards this new change,” he said.
“Today, our PM has declared the world’s largest holistic relief package. Modi govt has given financial packages of Rs 20 Lakh Crore to support every section of the society. It is around 10% of Indian GDP. PM’s proactive approach will build a Aatmanirbhar Bharat,” he added.
138 New Cases in Rajasthan
At least 138 COVID-19 cases and 4 deaths reported in Rajasthan today, as of 9 pm. Total number of cases in the state is now at 4,126, including 1,555 active cases and 117 deaths.
201 New Cases in MP
At least 201 more COVID-19 cases and 4 deaths reported in Madhya Pradesh today. Total number of cases in the state is at 3,986, including 1901 active cases, 1,860 recovered, and 225 deaths.