92,596 New COVID Cases, 2,219 Deaths in India; Tally Over 2.9 Cr
Catch all the updates on the coronavirus outbreak here.
India on Wednesday, 9 June, reported 92,596 new coronavirus cases, taking the tally in the country to 2,90,89,069. The death toll increased by 2,219 to 3,53,528.
According to the Union Health Ministry data, there are currently 12,31,415 active cases across the country, while 2,75,04,126 patients have been discharged so far, with 1,62,664 discharges reported in the last 24 hours.
- Maharashtra on Tuesday reported 10,891 new coronavirus cases and 295 deaths
- Delhi reported 316 new infections, with a positivity rate of 0.44 percent, and 41 fatalities on Tuesday
- Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday lifted the COVID-19 curfew from all districts, with the night curfew from 7 pm to 7 am to continue
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar on Tuesday announced that the lockdown in the state will be lifted, with a night curfew to be in force from 7 pm to 5 am
- A fresh order for vaccines has been been placed, with 25 crore doses of Covishield and 19 crore of Covaxin to be procured, the Centre said on Wednesday
Haryana Reports 528 Fresh COVID-19 Cases
Haryana reports 528 fresh COVID-19 cases, 940 recoveries, and 40 deaths in the last 24 hours. Active cases now stand at 7,079.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Over 24 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Administered
According to the Union Health Ministry data, over 24 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in country so far.
Rajasthan Reports 520 New COVID-19 Cases
Rajasthan reports 520 new COVID-19 cases, 2,282 recoveries and 30 deaths in the last 24 hours.
- Total cases 9,48,024
- Total recoveries 9,27,443
- Death toll 8749
- Active cases 11,832
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.