COVID-19: Biggest 1-Day Spike in Cases in Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu
Catch all the live updates on COVID-19 here.
Maharashtra on Friday, 26 June, reported its biggest one-day spike of 5,024 new COVID-19 cases, taking the tally in the state to 1,52,765. As many as 175 fatalities were also reported, taking the death toll to 7,106. Out of these, 91 deaths took place in the last 48 hours and 84 are from the previous period, the state health department said.
Meanwhile, 3,460 new cases were recorded in Delhi on Friday, taking the total number of cases in the national capital to 77,240.
According to the consolidated nationwide data released by the Union Health Ministry on Friday morning, the number of coronavirus cases in India stood above 4.9 lakh, with the death toll at 15,301.
- Tamil Nadu on Friday reported 3,645 new COVID-19 cases in what is the biggest one-day spike, taking the tally in the state to 74,622
- Schools in Delhi will remain closed till 31 July, Deputy CM Manish Sisodia said on Friday
- Shopping malls will be reopened in Gurugram from next week following the SOPs issued by the Centre. However, places of worship will continue to remain shut
- Assam Minister Himanta Sarma on Friday announced a complete lockdown of 14 days in Kamrup Metropolitan district, which includes Guwahati, from midnight of 28 June
- Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain has been discharged from the hospital after testing negative for COVID-19, sources cited by PTI said on Friday
Mexico Surpasses 2,00,000 Cases, 25K Deaths
Mexico has surpassed 25,000 COVID-19 deaths and 2,00,000 cases, news agency AFP reported.
Night Curfew Timings Changed in UP Districts
Night curfew hours in Noida, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Bulandshahr, Hapur and Muzaffarnagar have been revised. The curfew will now be in place from 8 pm-6 am.
Cases in India Rise to 4,90,401, Death Toll at 15,301
The total number or COVID-19 cases in India rose to 4,90,401 on Friday, 26 June with the death toll rising to 15,301.
The total active cases in the country are 1,89,463 with 2,85,637 patients cured/migrated/discharged.
Drive-Through COVID-19 Testing Facilities Increased in Delhi
The 20-minute drive through COVID-19 testing facilities have been increased in Delhi, ANI reported. Private labs like Dr Dangs Lab have scaled-up testing to counter the surge in COVID-19 cases.
“We've now established our third drive through COVID-19 testing facility near Siri Fort auditorium,the other two facilities are at Saket and Punjabi Bagh. Anyone with mild or moderate symptoms can get their test done at this drive-through facility,” Dr Arjun Dang, CEO, Dr Dangs Lab told ANI.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.
8:17 AM, 26 JunComplete Lockdown for 14 Days in Kamrup District of Assam
11:36 AM, 26 JunShopping Malls to Open in Gurugram Next Week, Religious Places to Remain Shut: Reports
11:48 AM, 26 JunInternational Flights to Remain Suspended Till 15 July: DGCA
2:02 PM, 26 JunDelhi Schools to Remain Closed Till 31 July
2:57 PM, 26 Jun5,024 New COVID-19 Cases in Maharashtra in Biggest One-Day Spike