COVID-19: Over 70,000 Cases in Maharashtra; Biggest Spike in TN
Catch all the breaking news and updates regarding COVID-19 here.
The number of COVID-19 cases crossed the 70,000-mark in Maharashtra on Monday, 1 June, with 2,361 new cases reported. Meanwhile, Tamil Nadu recorded the highest single-day spike of 1,162 new coronavirus cases, while Delhi's tally crossed the 20,000-mark.
After four phases of lockdown over more than two months, Monday marked the first day of 'Unlock 1' wherein significant relaxations are being implemented across the country in a phased manner.
Earlier on Monday, the Health Ministry data showed that India had recorded over 1.9 lakh COVID-19 cases, with 8,392 new cases recorded in 24 hours. The number of active cases stood at 93,322, while as many as 91,818 people were cured or discharged. A total 5,394 deaths have been reported so far.
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal said on Monday that borders of the national capital will remain sealed for one week, and only essential service operators will be allowed
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation has said that airlines shall allot seats in a manner that the middle seats in flights are kept vacant to the extent possible
- India has climbed to the 7th position in the list of worst-affected countries due to the pandemic
- Passenger train services resumed from 1 June
- The Ministry of Home Affairs issued guidelines on Saturday for a phased re-opening of activities outside containment zones
Highest Single-Day Spike of 1,162 COVID-19 Cases in Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu on Monday recorded the highest single-day spike of 1,162 new COVID-19 cases, taking the tally in the state to 23,495. The death toll in the state rose to 184, with 11 more deaths reported on Monday.
Meanwhile, Kerala reported 57 new cases on Monday, taking the tally in the state to 1,326, including 708 active cases.
Two CBI Officials Test Positive for COVID-19
Two CBI officials have tested positive for COVID-19 and are in quarantine as per protocol, the investigation agency said on Monday, reported ANI.
990 New COVID-19 Cases Take Delhi's Tally to Over 20,000
Delhi on Monday reported 990 new COVID-19 cases, taking the tally in the national capital to 20,834. Twelve new casualties took the death toll in the city to 523.
2,361 New COVID-19 Cases Take Maharashtra's Tally to Over 70,000
The number of COVID-19 cases in Maharashtra spiked by 2,361 to 70,013 on Monday, with the death toll rising by 76 to 2,362.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.
08:42 PM, 01 JunHighest Single-Day Spike of 1,162 COVID-19 Cases in Tamil Nadu
08:37 PM, 01 Jun990 New COVID-19 Cases Take Delhi's Tally to Over 20,000
08:32 PM, 01 Jun2,361 New COVID-19 Cases Take Maharashtra's Tally to Over 70,000
06:10 PM, 01 JunHighest Single-Day Spike in Odisha, Tally Rises to 2,104
02:42 PM, 01 JunDGCA on Middle Seats in Flights
12:05 PM, 01 JunKejriwal on Unlock 1.0
09:21 AM, 01 JunIndia Records 1,90,535 Cases