COVID-19: Over 11,000 New Cases in Delhi, Night Curfew in Haryana
Catch all the updates on the coronavirus outbreak here.
Delhi on Monday, 12 April, reported 11,491 new coronavirus cases, the highest one-day spike in the national capital ever since the pandemic began, taking the tally to 7,36,688. The death toll increased by 72 to 11,355.
Meanwhile, a night curfew has been imposed in Haryana from 9 pm to 5 am, with effect from Monday, and will remain in force until further orders.
In a record high, India on Monday had reported 1,68,912 fresh COVID-19 cases, taking the country’s tally to 1,35,27,717. The death toll rose by 904 to 1,70,179. The active cases stand at 12,01,009, while 1,21,56,529 patients have been discharged so far.
- The Russian COVID-19 vaccine, Sputnik V, has been recommended for emergency use authorisation in India, reports said
- 14 private hospitals in Delhi have been declared ‘full COVID-19’ hospitals and are not allowed to admit non-COVID patients till further orders
- Maharashtra on Monday reported 51,751 new coronavirus cases, taking the tally to 34,58,996
- As many as 37,63,858 vaccine doses were administered till 8 pm on Monday on the 2nd day of ‘tika utsav’, the Health Ministry said
- The Centre on Sunday said that it has prohibited the export of injection Remdesivir and Remdesivir Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) till the COVID-19 situation in the country improves
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Ex-Himachal CM Virbhadra Singh Tests COVID +Ve
Former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh has tested positive for coronavirus.
Vice President, PM Modi to Interact With Governors on COVID on 14 April
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu and PM Narendra Modi will be interacting with the governors of states on the COVID-19 pandemic on 14 April, sources cited by PTI said on Monday.
948 Cases in India Till Now With UK, SA and Brazil Variants of Coronavirus
The total number of cases with the UK, South Africa and Brazil variants of coronavirus in the country is 948 till date, the Union Health Ministry said on Monday.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.
09:40 AM, 12 AprCM Kejriwal to Hold Meeting Today
09:48 AM, 12 AprIndia Records New High of 1,68,912 Fresh COVID-19 Cases
03:09 PM, 12 AprMaharashtra Govt Postpones State Board Exams for Class 10, 12
03:56 PM, 12 AprRussian Vaccine Sputnik V Recommended for Emergency Use in India
06:52 PM, 12 AprNo Meals on Domestic Flights of Less Than 2 Hours Amid COVID Surge
07:19 PM, 12 AprNight Curfew in Haryana From 9 pm to 5 am Starting Tonight
08:12 PM, 12 Apr11,491 New Coronavirus Cases in Delhi, Highest So Far
09:08 PM, 12 AprMaharashtra Records Over 51K New Cases
09:41 PM, 12 AprGujarat Reports its Highest One-Day COVID Spike with 6,021 Cases
10:44 PM, 12 Apr14 Pvt Hospitals Declared 'Full COVID' Hospitals in Delhi