Bank Holidays in August 2019: Banks Will Be Closed On These Days
Here’s a list of all bank holidays, provided in states-wise in the month of August 2019.
A week full of festivals is right ahead and it raises the question of when will the banks be closed. It often happens that we go to the bank to get some important paper work done and find that it was closed. It disrupts our business and sometimes create a lot of problems.
Well, we’re here to help you ensure that doesn’t happen to you again. Here is a list of bank holidays in August 2019 categorised state-wise:
- 3 August 2019 (Saturday) will be a holiday for Punjab, Chandigarh, and Haryana due to Hariyali Teej in the month of Sawan.
- 11 August -12 August 2019 (Sunday- Monday) will be holiday in banks across all the states on the occasion of Bakri Id/Idul Juha. However, the dates may vary.
- 15 August 2019 (Thursday) will be a holiday for banks across all Indian state on the occasion of 73rd Independence Day of India and Raksha Bandhan, a day celebrating the beautiful bond of brothers and sisters.
- 17 August 2019 (Saturday) will be a bank holiday for Mumbai on the occasion of Parsi New Year or Navroz.
- 23 August 2019 (Friday) will be bank holiday for all banks across India on the occasion of Krishna Janmashtami. This festival celebrates the birth of Lord Krishna.(Date may vary for Janmashtami).
- 28 August 2019 (Wednesday) will be a holiday for banks in Kerala for Ayyankali Jayanthi.
- 31 August 2019 (Saturday) will be a holiday for banks in Punjab and Haryana on the occasion of Parkash Utsav Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.