As Water Level Recedes, Assam Floods Death Toll at 86: Key Points
Assam State Disaster Management Authority on Tuesday said 864 villages of 13 districts are now affected by floods.
- The death toll due to floods in Assam remained at 86 with thirteen districts in the state still submerged under floodwaters, news agency PTI reported on Tuesday, 30 July.
- The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) on Tuesday said 864 villages of 13 districts are now affected by floods.
- The districts inundated due to floodwaters include: Dhemaji, Darrang, Barpeta, Nalbari, Chirang, Goalpara, Kamrup, Kamrup (M), Morigaon, Nagaon, Golaghat, Jorhat and Cachar.
- Altogether, 417 relief camps are operational with 30,925 inmates, the ASDMA said on Tuesday.
Catch all the latest updates on Assam and Bihar floods here.
- Though the water level has started receding, the rivers still flowing above the danger level are the Brahmaputra at Neamatighat in Jorhat and Dhubri, the Dhansiri at Numaligarh in Golaghat and the Kushiara at Karimganj.
- On Tuesday, Hyundai Motor India Ltd handed over a cheque of rupees one crore to the Assam Chief Minister's Relief Fund.
- The Duliajan-Numaligarh Pipeline Ltd and the IAS Officers' Wives Association also handed over cheques of Rs 10 lakh and Rs 5 lakh, respectively to the relief fund.
(With inputs from PTI)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.
Join over 120,000 subscribers!