7th Pay Commission: Central Govt Employees to Get up to 300% Hike
A hike of 200 percent was approved in allowances of Indian Railways employees earlier.
With a hike of over and up to 300 percent, the Centre has given central government employees handling cash and treasury a reason to celebrate.
A few days after the Centre extended 7th pay commission to academic staff, now the Cash Handling Allowance and Treasury Allowance have been subsumed in ‘Cash Handling and Treasury Allowance’.
Earlier, a hike of 200 percent was approved in allowances of Indian Railways employees.
The allowances, earlier, had five categories based on the amount of the cash.
- Allowance of Rs 230 for the handling of cash up to Rs 50,000,
- Allowance of Rs 450 for cash over Rs 50,000 and up to Rs 2,00,000,
- Allowance of Rs 600 for cash over Rs 2,00,000 and up to Rs 5,00,000,
- Allowance of Rs 750 for cash over Rs 5,00,000 and up to Rs 10,00,000,
- Allowance of Rs 900 for cash over Rs 10,00,000.
Now, with only two categories left, the allowances have been hiked to Rs 700 for cash up to Rs 5 lakh and Rs 1,000 for cash over Rs 5 lakh.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.