I’m Gauri, We Are All Gauri: Thousands Chant on Bengaluru Streets
‘No more attacks on the voice of dissent’ was the message voiced out at the protest.
Thousands flocked the roads of Bengaluru, pledging to take Gauri Lankesh’s fight forward. Police estimated that about 4,000 to 5,000 people participated in the ‘I Am Gauri’ rally.
Echoes of voices chanting “I am Gauri, we are Gauri”, could be heard as citizens marched from Bengaluru city railway station to Central College ground, where a convention was conducted.
At the Central College, the organisers made it clear that the rally was not a condolence meeting, but a show of strength and unity.
- More than 4,000 people joined a rally protesting the killing of Gauri Lankesh at City Centre College, Bengaluru on Tuesday
- ‘No more attacks on the voice of dissent’ was the message voiced out at the protest
- Prominent journalists, social workers, filmmakers, religious leaders and politicians took part
- A special edition of the Guari Lankesh Patrike was released during the rally
- Medha Patkar, Teesta Setalvad, P Sainath, Sitaram Yechury, among others shared their anguish over her death
Special Edition of Gauri Lankesh Patrike Unveiled
If you thought you can silence Gauri Lankesh with your bullets, here we are releasing a special edition of Gauri Lankesh Patrike.Staff Reporter at the rally
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.