Two Detained in Journalist Rajdev Ranjan’s Murder: Bihar Police
Rajdev Ranjan was the district bureau head for Hindi daily, Hindustan, and Akhilesh Singh was a TV reporter.
- Two people have been detained in the murder case of Bihar journalist Rajdev Ranjan and interrogation is underway, said the Superintendent of Police of Siwan (Bihar)
- Two journalists were gunned down in separate incidents occurring in Jharkhand, Bihar within a span of 24 hours on Friday.
- 45-year-old Siwan district chief of the Hindi Daily, ‘Hindustan’ Rajdev Ranjan was shot in Siwan, Bihar near Station Road. Ranjan had been writing for a long time against law-breakers in the area.
- Akhilesh Pratap Singh, a 35-year-old TV news reporter, was gunned down near the panchayat secretariat in Chatra, Jharkhand on Thursday night.
- The killings have triggered a series of protests across Bihar and Jharkhand by media-persons.
Also Read: Siwan Bureau Chief of Hindustan Shot Dead
Top politicians have commented on the unfortunate incident noting that media, the fourth pillar of democracy is now being threatened.
Shahnawaz Hussain, BJP National Spokesperson
Shahnawaz Hussain said while Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is touring Varanasi, the fourth estate is “in danger” in his state.
“This is not jungle raj. This is maha jungle raj...sad to know about his killing, Rajdev was a fearless journalist,” he tweeted.
Sushil Kumar Modi, BJP Leader
Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Lok Sabha MP
It has come to this, now journalists are being killed. Nitish ji is quiet, so is Lalu ji. Students, officers, farmers many have been killed in Bihar. Who will answer? The goody goody boy of politics Nitish ji or Lalu ji?
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.