Real Madrid block Gareth Bale's China move

Real Madrid block Gareth Bale's China move

Published
Hot News
1 min read
MADRID, March 17, 2019 (Xinhua) -- Real Madrid
London, July 29 (IANS) Wales winger Gareth Bale's move to China has been called off by Real Madrid, meaning he will be staying at the Spanish club.
Bale had been expected to join Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning on a three-year deal, earning a reported one million pound a week. That move is now off after the Real's board reportedly decided they want a transfer fee for the player who joined from Tottenham in 2013 for a then world-record fee of 85 milion pound, reports the Guardian
It is also believed that Real president Florentino Perez has requested an extra payment to sign the 30-year-old, who has three years remaining on the contract he signed in 2016, which is worth around 600,000 pound a week.
Last week, Real boss Zinedine Zidane said the 30-year-old was "very close to leaving", having fallen out of favour. He had also said that his exit would be "best for everyone".
The Wales winger has three years left on his contract with the Bernabeu club where he has won four Champions Leagues, one La Liga title, a Copa del Rey, three Uefa Super Cups and three Club World Cups.
--IANS
aak/in

(This story was auto-published from a syndicated feed. No part of the story has been edited by The Quint.)

(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)

We'll get through this! Meanwhile, here's all you need to know about the Coronavirus outbreak to keep yourself safe, informed, and updated.

Liked this story? We'll send you more. Subscribe to The Quint's newsletter and get selected stories delivered to your inbox every day. Click to get started.

The Quint is available on Telegram & WhatsApp too, click to join.

Stay Updated

Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.

Join over 120,000 subscribers!