Here’s What the India-Russia Bilateral Agreements Outline
In the joint statement, Modi and Putin highlighted the areas in which both countries will work together.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has signed a total of 16 bilateral agreements with Russia’s Putin.
The agreements on cooperation in the field of helicopter engineering, and a Memorandum of Understanding on technical cooperation in the railway sector.
The two countries also signed an MoU on cooperation in the field of broadcasting and in the field of investment cooperation in the Russian far east.
In the joint statement, Russian President Vladimir Putin praised Modi saying, “India is a great power carrying out a balanced and responsible foreign policy”.
Prime Minister Modi Says
- Talks with Russia are underway for setting up of 12 nuclear plants at two sites in India.
- We are encouraging our private sectors to connect each other more.
- The pace of our cooperation in nuclear energy is increasing.
- The world must unite and combat terror without distinguishing between terror groups and target countries.
- President Putin and I are confident we will see an increase in trade and investment between our two countries.
- An early political settlement through dialogue in West Asia is necessary to fight terror outfits.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.