Saudi-led coalition air strikes on a Yemen hospital killed six people and injured 20, Ayman Mazkour, who heads the health sector in Hajja said. A witness at the scene of the attack in the Abs district said medics could not immediately evacuate the wounded because war planes continued to fly over the area and first responders feared more bombings.
The strike comes less than two days after similar raids killed 10 children and sparked international concern.
The Arab coalition has been battling Iran-backed rebels in Yemen since March 2015 in support of Yemen’s government, after the insurgents seized Sanaa before expanding to other parts of the country.
Earlier this month, the coalition acknowledged “shortcomings” in two out of eight cases it has investigated of UN-condemned air strikes on civilian targets in Yemen.
On Monday it promised to probe another attack that MSF said killed 10 children this weekend at a school in the rebel-held northern province of Saada.
London-based watchdog Amnesty International described the hospital’s bombardment as “a deplorable act that has cost civilian lives, including medical staff.”
Today’s air strike appears to be the latest in a string of unlawful attacks targeting hospitals highlighting an alarming pattern of disregard for civilian lifeMagdalena Mughrabi, Deputy Director, Amnesty International
(With inputs form Reuters and PTI)