JEE Mains 2019: Important Instructions for Candidates
National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main from Tuesday, 8 January, and will continue till 16 January 2019. Earlier, JEE Main was conducted by the Central Board Secondary Education.
JEE Main 2019 exam will be conducted in multiple shifts. The 3-hour exam will start at 9:30 am and the afternoon shift will commence at 12:30 pm. The NTA has provided ‘Centre Locator’ feature on their website which allows students to find the shortest and fastest route.
Here are the important instructions by NTA for all the candidates:
Where to Download the Admit Card for JEE (Mains)?
The admit card for JEE Mains can be downloaded from the NTA’s website www.jeemain.nic.in. Also check following as indicated on the admit card:
- Reporting time at centre
- Gate closing time of centre
- Date of examination
- Shift and timings of test
- Venue of test
What is the Reporting Time for JEE Mains Exam 2019?
The candidates need to reach the venue of the test as mentioned in the admit card. The NTA has strictly advised the candidates to report on time as mentioned. If the candidate reports beyond the mentioned time, they will not be allowed to enter the test venue.
Documents to Carry During the Examination
The candidates must carry the following:
- Admit card downloaded from the NTA website (a clear preferably colour printout on A4 size paper).
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded with the Online Application Form) to be pasted on the attendance sheet at the centre.
- A valid photo ID proof in original (PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar card (With photograph)/E- Aadhaar/Ration Card).
Please note that ID cards issued by Schools/ Colleges/ Universities/Coaching Centres, AADHAR enrollment receipt without Aadhaar number and photocopies or images stored in mobile phones etc will not be accepted.
- PwD certificate issued by the competent authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category. Candidates with physical disability are requested to report early for facilitation during entry.
What Items Are Not Allowed in the Exam Centre?
Candidates are not allowed to carry the following in the exam centre:
- Instrument/ Geometry/ Pencil box,
- Handbag, Purse, any kind of Paper/Stationery/ Textual material (printed or written material),
- Eatables and Water (loose or packed), Mobile Phone/Earphone/ Microphone/ Pager, Calculator, DocuPen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder,
- Wear/carry any type of watch including Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/Devices
There may not be any provision for safe keeping of valuables at the test venue.
Diabetic students will be allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/orange) and transparent water bottle to the Examination Hall/Room. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods.
What Will the Candidates be Provided at the Exam Centre?
The candidates will be provided pen/pencil and blank paper sheets for rough work.
What are the Other Important Instructions for the Candidates?
- Candidates must write their name and Roll Number at the top of the sheet.
- Candidates must return the sheets and Admit Card to the Invigilator, before leaving the examination Hall/Room.
- Candidates must enter required details in the Attendance Sheet in legible handwriting, put their signature, Left Hand Thumb Impression and paste the Photograph at the appropriate place. They should ensure that their Left Hand Thumb Impression is clear and not smudged.
Candidate may also note that the Examination will be computer based and hence they should familiarize themselves in case they have not done so already, with the Examination through the Mock Test available at www.nta.ac.in.