Delhi Nursery Admissions Begin Soon, Here Is What You Should Know
For representational purposes only.
For representational purposes only.(Photo: Reuters)

Delhi Nursery Admissions Begin Soon, Here Is What You Should Know

The nursery admission process in Delhi for the year 2018-19 starts on 27 December in 1700 schools across the city. The admissions will be open for 75 percent of the seats, while the remainder of the 25 percent seats will be reserved for the economically weaker or disadvantaged sections of the population, according to a report by The Indian Express.

The admissions of the reserved seats will be carried out centrally by the government. In addition, the schools must upload their criteria requirements by 26 December on the directorate of education website – The admission process ends on 31 March 2018.

Also Read : Delhi HC Stays AAP Goverment’s Notification on Nursery Admissions

The nursery admissions will take place by following a point system, in which each child is allotted a maximum of 100 points. Although schools have freedom to choose their criteria, but they cannot be discriminatory with their criteria.

The Times of India reported that the directorate of education (DoE) has decided to delay the implementation of an upper-age limit for nursery admissions.

With a view to provide adequate notice/time to parents/guardians to plan for the admission of their wards and in the light of directions of the High Court... it has been decided to implement the upper age (criterion) limit w.e.f academic year 2019-2020.
The Times of India quoted a DoE circular

While according to an article by NDTV, the nursery lower age limit still remains 3-4 years, while its 4-5 for KG followed by 5-6 for Class 1.

The deadline for submitting applications is 17 January, either online or physically at the school.

The schools will score each applicant by 8 February, 2018.

First merit list of accepted students will be out on 15 February, followed by a second merit list on 28 February, and the final list on 15 March.

The Directorate of Education has formed a monitoring cell for each district to ensure that parents' grievances are addressed. The grievances will addressed 1 March to 7 March 2018.

(Inputs from NDTV, The Times of India and The Indian Express.)

(Breathe In, Breathe Out: Are you finding it tough to breathe polluted air? Join hands with FIT in partnership with #MyRightToBreathe to find a solution to pollution. Send in your suggestions to or WhatsApp @ +919999008335)

(The Quint is now on WhatsApp. To receive handpicked stories on topics you care about, subscribe to our WhatsApp services. Just go to and hit the Subscribe button.)

Follow our Education section for more stories.

    Also Watch