The core subject examination for the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 students will begin from 2 March 2019. This year, the board has introduced a slew of measures to check exam paper leaks and ensure smooth functioning during the board exams. As students prepare for the main exams, here are a few changes that they need to be prepared for.
- School Uniform and identity card have been made mandatory for the CBSE Board examination. Therefore, students must wear proper school uniform and carry their ID cards to the exam hall.
- Students must ensure that their CBSE Admit Cards (original) are duly signed by their school principals, and parents.
- Students won’t be allowed to enter the examination hall after 10 am, and parents are therefore advised to ensure that their children reach their respective exam centres well before 10 am.
- CBSE has adopted a provision of 24 students per class. This has been done keeping in mind the manner in which the question papers have been packed. Therefore, students are advised to prepare themselves accordingly.
- The exam invigilators will pick two students on a random basis to witness the un-sealing of the exam question paper packet. The students would be required to check for damage to the packet, if any, and report the same. If there isn’t any damage, the two students will then have to sign the packet.
The CBSE has also announced a set of relaxations for the wards of military and paramilitary forces’ personnel fighting terrorism and left-wing extremism. According to the board, the wards appearing for class 10 and 12 examinations this year will be allowed to change the centre of examination in the same city or to other city as well.
"If they have missed their practical examination, the same would be conducted as per their convenience by April 10 by their school. If they wish to appear in any offered subject later, they will be permitted to do so," PTI quoted Sanyam Bhardwaj, CBSE's Controller of Examinations, as saying on Wednesday, 20 February.
(With inputs from PTI)