Coronavirus: 34 Cases in India; PM Modi Reviews Situation
Catch all the live updates on the Coronavirus outbreak.
Three more people were tested positive for coronavirus in India on Saturday, 7 March, reported news agency ANI. Of the three cases, two are from Ladakh with travel history from Iran and one in Tamil Nadu with travel history from Oman.
Earlier today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi reviewed the situation on the novel coronavirus and action taken by the ministries.
- The Karnataka government has advised city-based companies to allow employees to work from home if they have flu-like symptoms
- The Indian Army is establishing quarantine facilities for 1500 personnel which will be activated at locations
- The trade impact of the coronavirus epidemic for India is estimated to be about 348 million dollars, according to a UN report
- Mughal Gardens at Rashtrapati Bhavan will be closed for public from 7 March to avoid large public gatherings in view of coronavirus outbreak
- The 14 Italians, who tested positive for COVID-19, have been shifted to the Medanta Hospital in Gurugram from an ITBP quarantine centre
15 in Hospital Quarantine in Maharashtra
As many as 245 people were admitted to isolation wards in hospitals in Maharashtra since January for possible exposure to the coronavirus and 229 of them tested negative for the infection, the state health department said.
At present, 15 persons have been kept under observation at hospitals – 12 in Mumbai and three in Pune. The laboratory reports of 16 persons were expected to be received by Saturday night, it said.
So far no confirmed case of coronavirus has come to light in Maharashtra.
Rajasthan CM Gehlot to Not Attend Holi Program
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot will not be holding and participating in Holi programmes.
Primary Schools in 4 Districts of J&K to Remain Closed Till 31 March
Jammu and Kashmir administration has announced that all primary schools in fourdistricts of Bandipora, Baramulla, Srinagar and Budgam will remain closed till 31 March.
3 More Cases of Coronavirus Reported in India
Two people in Ladakh with travel history from Iran and one person in Tamil Nadu with travel history from Oman, have been tested positive for coronavirus, taking the total number of cases in India unto 34.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.
6:31 AM, 06 MarAnother Case Confirmed in Delhi, India Count Climbs to 31
12:30 PM, 05 MarSouth Africa Reports First Positive Case of Coronavirus
7:03 AM, 05 Mar'Total 28,529 People Under Surveillance': Harsh Vardhan on Coronavrius Scare in LS
5:56 AM, 05 MarIndia Initiated Action Much Before WHO Advice: Health Minister in RS
5:24 AM, 05 MarThousands Held on Cruise Ship off California Over Coronavirus Fears
1:16 PM, 04 MarItaly Temporarily Shuts All Schools and Universities Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
10:30 AM, 04 MarPoland Reports First Coronavirus Case
9:54 AM, 04 MarIraq Confirms First Coronavirus Death: Health Official