10,576 New COVID-19 Cases in Maharashtra in Biggest 1-Day Spike
Catch all live updates about COVID-19 here.
Maharashtra on Wednesday, 22 July, reported its biggest one-day spike of 10,576 new COVID-19 cases, taking the tally in the state to over 3.37 lakh. As many as 280 fatalities were also reported, taking the death toll to 12,556.
Taking into account the state-wise numbers of Wednesday, India’s overall tally has crossed the 12-lakh mark. As of Wednesday morning, India had recorded 11.92 lakh coronavirus cases, with the death toll standing at 28,732, according to the Union Health Ministry data.
The Ministry on Wednesday had said that the country's recovery rate has risen to 63.13 percent, with a record 28,472 patients recuperating in 24 hours.
- Delhi on Wednesday reported 1,227 new COVID-19 cases and 29 fatalities, taking the tally in the state to over 1.26 lakh and the death toll to 3,719
- Tamil Nadu reported 5,849 new COVID-19 cases in what is the biggest one-day spike
- Manipur will be going under complete lockdown for 14 days, starting from 2 pm on Thursday
- Lockdown will be imposed in Bhopal for 10 days from 8 pm on 24 July, Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Narottam Mishra said
- US President Donald Trump has claimed that the US is leading the world in terms of COVID-19 testing and India is at second position, reported PTI
Mexico's Death Toll Crosses 40,000
Coronavirus death toll in Mexico passed 40,000, news agency AFP reported.
India’s Tally at 11,92,915; Death Toll Rises to 28,732
With a spike of 37,724 cases reported in India in the last 24 hours, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases in India on Wednesday, 22 July rose to 11,92,915 including 4,11,133 active cases, 7,53,050 cured/discharged/migrated and 28,732 deaths.
1,47,24, 546 Samples Tested Till Date: ICMR
Total number of samples tested up to 21 July is 1,47,24, 546 including 3,43,243 samples tested yesterday, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) said.
226 New Cases in Rajasthan
At least 226 new COVID-19 positive cases have been reported in Rajasthan today till 10.30 am. The total number of positive cases in the state is now 31,599 including 8,129 active cases, 22,889 recovered and 581 deaths.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.
11:27 AM, 22 JulRecovery Rate Improves to 63.13%: Centre
12:34 PM, 22 JulMaharashtra Minister Abdul Sattra Tests Positive for COVID-19
12:34 PM, 22 JulHimachal CM Quarantines Self After Official Tests Positive
2:13 PM, 22 JulComplete Lockdown in Manipur for 14 Days from Tomorrow
2:20 PM, 22 Jul5,849 New COVID-19 Cases in TN in Biggest 1-Day Spike
2:41 PM, 22 Jul10,576 New COVID-19 Cases in Maharashtra Today in Biggest 1-Day Spike
4:54 PM, 22 JulHimachal CM Tests Negative for COVID-19