ADVERTISEMENTREMOVE AD

Four Children Die After Consuming Poisonous Toffees in Uttar Pradesh

Local residents alleged that the delay in the arrival of the ambulance was one of the reasons for the deaths.

Published
Breaking News
1 min read
story-hero-img
i
Aa
Aa
Small
Aa
Medium
Aa
Large
Hindi Female

Four children, including three of a family, died after consuming poisonous toffees on the morning of Wednesday, 23 March.

The incident took place in Lathur Tola under the Kasya police circle, in which two girls and two boys died.

The toffees, according to reports, had been thrown outside their houses and the children picked them and ate them.

Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has expressed grief over the incident and ordered a probe and directed officials concerned to provide relief to the bereaved families and take necessary action in the matter.

The local residents alleged that the delay in the arrival of the ambulance was one of the reasons for the deaths of the children.

(At The Quint, we are answerable only to our audience. Play an active role in shaping our journalism by becoming a member. Because the truth is worth it.)

0

Read Latest News and Breaking News at The Quint, browse for more from news and breaking-news

Topics:  Uttar Pradesh   Food Poisoning   Poison 

Speaking truth to power requires allies like you.
Become a Member
3 months
12 months
12 months
Check Member Benefits
Read More
×
×