Admissions Open: What are the BSc Courses That We Can Opt for?

Send us your admission queries now.

My Report
4 min read

Your board results are declared and we are sure you would have a lot of admission queries. And that's why we’ve got you covered!

The Quint along with its knowledge partner CollegeDekho will answer all your college- and career-related queries. Send in your sawaals for some expert advice on

My PCMB percentage is 95.25. I have attempted CET and NEET. I wish to pursue medicine, but should I wait for my NEET results or have a back-up plan, in case, I don’t clear NEET?

Dear Moonisha,

As you have a good percentage in Class 12, it is advisable to wait for NEET-UG results. However, there are two points here:

A) As you have already appeared for NEET-UG exam 2019, you can measure your performance in the exam by analysing the correct and wrong answers attempted by you in the exams. If you feel that your performance in NEET-UG exam 2019 is up to the mark, you can wait for NEET-UG results.

B) It is also better to have a back-up plan so that you do not lose the admission deadlines for various colleges and courses. The decision completely depends on your performance in NEET-UG exam.

I am a student of class 12 Humanities. I want to pursue a career in International Relations. I am confused about the courses and colleges to look up to after my 12th and about the professional utility of International Relations. Please help me out with this.
Abhijeet Pandab

Dear Abhijeet,

Some of the universities and colleges in India that offer a Bachelor’s course in International Relations are:

* Jindal School of International Affairs - Sonipat offers B.A. course in Global Affairs

* IILM University Gurgaon offers B.A. course in History and International Relations

* Shiv Nadar University - Greater Noida offers B.A. (Research) course in International Relations

* Central University of Kerala (Department of International Relations and Politics) offers a course in International Relations

* Pandit Deen Dayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar offers B.A. (Hons) course in International Relations

After completing the B.A. course in International Relations, you can either go for higher studies or prepare for UPSC exams. A graduate with a degree in B.A. International Relations can get employment in:

Send us your admission queries now.

Apart from the above, the career scope will be more if you pursue a Master’s course in International Relations.

How can I apply to IP University’s MBBS programme? I have already submitted the form but did not mention the course.

Dear Jaivir,

NEET-UG score is mandatory for admission in MBBS course offered by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. While filling the application form, did you choose ‘Medical Programmes’ as the option.

If yes, your application form is submitted for medical programmes. The admission or counselling process for MBBS course of IP University will begin only after the announcement of results.

I just gave class 12 CBSE board examinations this year, scoring a 99% (1 subject is up for revaluation). I have topped east India and my all India rank is 5! I just wanted to enquire about some good colleges (both India and abroad). Also, colleges which are good for B.Com or BBA.
Tushar Tatyal

Dear Tushar,

Firstly, congratulations for your outstanding performance in Class 12 exams. Before picking either of the courses, you must understand your career preference. Chose the courses that will help you pursue your ultimate goal.

For example, if you want to get a job right after your graduation then B.Com is a better option. However, if you want to foray into management, a BBA followed by an MBA is the right career path. Both the courses have good career scope. At the same time, there is a good scope for higher studies too.

My sister Afifa got 91.4% in 10th CBSE board exam. She got 88 in social science but she expected more. According to her, the paper wasn’t that bad. What should she do now?

As you feel that your sister’s performance is good, it is better to apply for revaluation.

I had PCMB in 12th std. What all courses should I apply for? I am a little more favoured towards biology-related subjects.
Noushin Adiba

Dear Noushin Adiba,

Some of the B.Sc courses related to Biology stream are:

Send us your admission queries now.

As you are interested in pursuing Biology-related subjects in UG, it is advisable to apply for the same. Biology and its associated courses have a broad career scope. However, you need to achieve higher level degrees like Master’s/ M.Phil/ Ph.D. in the field to bag lucrative job offers.

I have just completed my Class 12 board exams. I am interested in computer science but don’t want to do B.Tech in computer science. Please suggest some course that I can look forward to and what scope do each one of them have.
Shekhar Chahal

Dear Shekhar,

You can choose B.Sc course in computer science. It is a three-year course, which is offered in most of the degree colleges across the country. B.Sc computer science course too has a good career path apart from B.Tech in computer science engineering. With a degree in B.Sc computer science, you can get jobs in software and IT Industry.

I just passed 12th with computer science from ISC board from Kolkata. Now worried for admission. I want to study political science from Delhi and want to know what are the options other than Delhi University. Please guide me.
Shahwaj Khan

Dear Shahwaj,

Apart from DU, here is the list of some colleges that offer B.A. Political Science course in Delhi and NCR:

Send us your admission queries now.

(At The Quint, we are answerable only to our audience. Play an active role in shaping our journalism by becoming a member. Because the truth is worth it.)

Speaking truth to power requires allies like you.
Become a Member
Read More