Maha Shivratri, a really auspicious day for Hindus all over the world, is the day of celebrating ‘Bholenath’ Lord Shiva. It is believed by the devotees of Lord Shiva that he got married to Goddess Parvati on this very day. This day is being marked by the devotees will full enthusiasm.
One of the most significant part of the celebrations of Maha Shivartri happens to be the mantras and devotional songs (bhajans) dedicated to Lord Shiva, who is also known as Bholenath. Devotees get absorbed in singing and dancing to these songs. It creates a celebratory atmosphere on this auspicious day.
Shivaratri falls on the Chaturdashi of the Krishna Paksha of every month. Shivaratri occurs every month, however, according to the Hindu calendar, Shivaratri which falls in the month of Phalgun has the most significance and it is also known as Maha Shivratri.
Maha Sivratri Mantras
- Om Namah Shivaya.
- ॐ Tryambakam Yajamahe Sugandhim Pushti-Vardhanam
- ॐ Tattpurushaya Vidamhe, Mahadevaya Dheemahi Tanno Rudra: Prachodaya.
- Om Namo Bhagwate Rudraay
Maha Shivratri Devotional Songs (Bhajans)
- 'Shiv Shankar Beda Paar Karo' - Hariharan
- 'Shiv Tandav Stotram' - Shankar Mahadevan
- 'Subah Subah Le Shiv Ka Naam' - Hariharan
- Jai Shiv Omkara' - Anuradha Paudwal