Baal Aadhaar Card: What It is And How to Apply; All Details Here
Baal Aadhaar is a blue-coloured variant of the Aadhaar Card issued to children below the age of 5 years.
Baal Aadhaar is a blue-coloured variant of the Aadhaar Card issued for children below the age of 5 years. No biometric details are required for children below the age of five. When a child reaches the age of five, a mandatory bio metric update is required.
Baal Aadhaar can be used as an identity proof for children during travel. Schools have also made it compulsory for parents to mention their child’s Aadhaar number in admission forms. Aadhaar number is mandatory for availing mid-day meals.
Steps for Online Registration of Baal Aadhaar Card
- Visit the official website of UIDAI https://uidai.gov.in/
- Click on the Aadhaar Card registration link
- Enter the required credentials, including the child’s name, parent’s contact number, e-mail id etc.
- Fill in demographic details such as residential address, locality, district, state etc.
- Click on the fix appointments tab and schedule the date of registration for Aadhaar.
- Select an enrolment centre, and visit the centre on the appointment date with the required documents. A reference number would be needed along with the documents.
- After the verification process is complete, if the child is aged 5 years, biometric information will be procured and linked to the Aadhaar card.
- The applicant will be given an acknowledgement number to track the application status.
- After the verification process is complete, an SMS notification will be sent to the register mobile number
- Once the enrolment process is completed, an SMS will be sent within 60 days and a Baal Aadhaar Card will be issued to the child.
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.