Missed the Infamous Interview? Here’s What Chaubey Asked Sunny
TV journalist Bhupendra Chaubey asked actor Sunny Leone some sexist questions.
Sunny Leone’s recent interview with TV journalist Bhupendra Chaubey has become a hot topic on social media platforms for the manner in which the journalist repeatedly raised questions about the former porn star’s past. Many termed the questions asked by the CNN-IBN journalist as misogynistic, sexist and highly offensive. The interview has also led to an outpouring of support for the film star.
Here are the questions that were posed to Sunny Leone in the controversial ‘Hot Seat’ interview.
1. What is your greatest regret?
2. Do you get upset by the fact that you generate a lot of curiosity and/or when people say something nasty about you?
3. Kapil Sharma has said that he cannot have you on his show because of “family audiences”. Does this upset you?
4. Are you upset when there is resistance or inhibitions about you?
5. Do you think Aamir Khan would work with you? You would like to work with Aamir Khan, but would Aamir Khan like to work with you?
6. Do you think your past will continue to haunt you?
7. Is your past behind you?
8. If I could turn back the clock, would you still do what you did?
9. How many people would grow up thinking of becoming a porn star?
10. A member of parliament, in his speeches, has held you responsible for corrupting Indian morality. How do you deal with that?
11. If Sunny Leone is becoming brand ambassador of New India, is that a dangerous trend to have?
12. There are lots of married women who look at Sunny Leone as a threat to their husbands. You do you not care about all this?
13. Is Mastizaade about two boys and two girls wanting to have sex or is it about love?
14. Everyone wanted me to ask you nasty questions. You arouse extreme curiosity and extreme hatred. How do you deal with it?
15. There are some viewers who believe your identity remains that of your past, which is of your association with pornography. They believe that you’re lowering the level of the fine art of cinema. Is that a just criticism?
16. So what is it about, Sunny? Is it just about the money?
17. Do you look at yourself as an artist? Are you an item girl?
19. Do you look at acting as a serious profession?
20. Do you believe that your body will ultimately take you everywhere?
21. Since you have come to Indian cinema, the number of people watching porn has increased proportionately to the extent that we are now the world’s largest consumer of porn. Can you respond to that?
22. Am I being morally corrupted because I’m interviewing you?
23. All this negative talk about you. Do you believe that this controversial nature will keep you going?
24. Will we see movies from Sunny Leone in the future where Sunny will be dressed up in a saree, covered completely?
25. Does script matter more, or is there umm, any other part that attracts you?
You can watch the full interview below:
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter And Get News Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.